Reaction score
Its just that at my local Tesco you can buy regular unleaded and then Supreme unleaded but doesn't say what the ron is I will have to ask cheers.

Reaction score
Yeah have a word with them first mate, just that at my Tesco's it has a big green sticker on....

Reaction score
richard3 said:
Is the Tesco 99 stuff called Supreme ?

Supreme is Esso's branding for their best unleaded (and diesel I think), some Tesco's, mainly the smaller one's like one near me have an Esso forecourt with a mini Tesco's.

Definately not the fuel you are after! :D

Reaction score
Streetfighter said:
The last tank of optimax did me about 330miles, best i've ever done.

Was that Downhill free wheeling for most of the Tank??? I drive like a saint when i do long journeys, i always use optimax and i never ever ever see over 300???

hyb

Reaction score
When I first got my trophy I was getting about 275, now Im managing about 180-200 to a tank. Same as my scooby used to get on £50 fillup

Reaction score
Read an article in EVO - they reckon that BP Ultimate is significantly better than Optimax. I've never used Optimax in the Clio, but I can testify that BP Ultimate is much better than 'cooking' petrol. (EVO were also dead sceptical about supermarket fuel - cos you never know which brand you're getting as they buy from loads of different suppliers; however, who on earth makes 99RON, cos it ain't Tesco?)

Reaction score
my car is on a diet of probably 70% Tesco 99 and 30% optimax. Can't say i've ever noticed a difference

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Streetfighter said:
The last tank of optimax did me about 330miles, best i've ever done.

Was that Downhill free wheeling for most of the Tank??? I drive like a saint when i do long journeys, i always use optimax and i never ever ever see over 300???

:lol: That was cruisin at 70mph on motorway and dual carriageway, I couldn't believe it either at first. Pulled onto the A1 from the shell station, nailed it to 70, cruise control on and it levelled out at 40.4mpg.