Reaction score
Recently when driving my temparature gauge is fluctuating, but always between where it should be around half way up and cold, it only happens when the car is warm, could it be that my thermostat has had? anybody else had this problem?

Any help guys much appreciated

Cheers
Andrew

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Common problem.

The temperature sensor is either faulty or loose, If it gets any worse the car will become undrivable as the ECU gets the wrong messages and gets confused as to whether its warm or cold.

Reaction score
Cheers guys, just rang reno £15 + vat for the sensor sound about right?

Reaction score
Changed the sensor sat morning all is well again now, £22 the sensor was through reno also ordered some new rear exhaust rubbers as i think all the snow and frost has perished them,

Cheers for the info guys.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
My car has been suffering with this over the last few days. In 2007 I replaced the temp sensor so I don't think it's this and I believe my issue is more down to the thermostat being faulty.

Basically I drive to work, hot air blowing fine and car running normally. Drive down a short road doing 70mph and the temp gauge drops to 1/4 and then goes back up to normal. It keeps doing this until I back off. Stopped the car at work and checked the engine: the engine was cold to touch even though it was driven for 15 minutes. The hose coming from the stat housing was warm and the main hose coming from the bottom of the tank was cold to touch.

Spoke with Rentech quickly today and they suggest the stat too (good job I have already ordered one from Reno :) )

Question: Has anyone replaced a stat on the 182? Is it a mission to do? I know there is a bleed valve on the housing which needs to be opened when topping up the system again but I wanted to know if anyone had a break down of what to do.

Reaction score
Hi again i thought i would post as no one else as done so as far. Referring to previous post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6348 your pdf file your looking to replace numbers 18 and im guessing gasket 17 by the looks of things. The bleed nipple your referring to on number 16 is it ? if so this will only work if you have a coolant pressure tester otherwise fluid wont get to nipple. If it was me i would change thermostat and treat it the same as the sensor just bleed the system with pressure cap off and keep an eye on level the thermostat wont open till temperature around 1/4 to 1/2 on gauge and you can squeeze the hose going to thermostat to help it flush through the system. If none of this makes sense just ask or pm me i can always give over the phone help.
I just wanted to ask what hoses are you referring to that are hot and cold? engine to be cold after 15 min drive could mean thermostat stuck in open position does it take a while to warm up? either that or i have known on other manufactures to have faults with instrument clusters or corrosion on connections or wires. I have also know of wiring loom issues to cause small troubles such as this but would put money more on thermostat if engine is cold after 15 mins.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Fitted the new stat and all is OK! Seemed to have resolved the issue I was having. Overall it was a very quick job.