Tail pipes not level with each other

Reaction score
Just a quick question, received my exhaust today and notice that the tail pipes are not level with each other.

I would have thought if I stood it on the floor, both the tailpipes would be flat on the floor and look straight from the side view. Mine don't.

If one is fully resting on the floor, the other one is slightly angled away and to the side.

Looking at it, I assume it will look really wonky when fitted.

Hmmmmm......

Anyone else had this?

:?

Reaction score
Yeah I had a similar issue on a Janspeed exhaust I bought for my old 182. The exit pipes weren't parallel - once fitted I used thick garden hose in the exhaust mounts to level it all out. Looked fine in the end. Someone else did this on here too - I think it was 7Mat (check out his garage pics).

Reaction score
vx220na said:
Just a quick question, received my exhaust today and notice that the tail pipes are not level with each other.

I would have thought if I stood it on the floor, both the tailpipes would be flat on the floor and look straight from the side view. Mine don't.

If one is fully resting on the floor, the other one is slightly angled away and to the side.

Looking at it, I assume it will look really wonky when fitted.

Hmmmmm......

Anyone else had this?

:?

Its probably a feature of the Yozzasport exhaust-should have got an Orbisoud!! :p

Reaction score
Hmmmm, mine sat with both on the floor im sure, but it may sit in he mounts slightly wonky therefore straightening it up! It can't be wrong seeing as they will all be exactly the same....mine, and all the others sit straight when on the car.

Might be worth calling yozzasport to ask!

Reaction score
Can't tell how much they are angled with pics but I know the Orbi I had didn't sit perfectly together and nor did the Janspeed I fitted afterwards. Thing is though, you can make slight adjustments when fitting to get them perfectly flush and angled on the car. Although, again, it makes little difference cause once the exhaust has heated up it will expand and will move slightly anyway so will look directional. Plus you have to take into consideration the bedding in of the exhaust. Hope that all made sense.

Reaction score
:D

Cheers for the replies folks.

I didn't want to get the thing fitted then find out it was a duffer.

After your replies, Iv'e booked it in for 10am Saturday to get the little beauty fitted.

I'll post my findings / video of the results. :D

Thanks again.

Lee

Reaction score
when i had mine fitted they kepy going to one side just a case of losening and repositioning the exhaust and tightening it up again, mine sbeen done twice now and its been fine ever since