Reaction score
Hello site,

Firstly can i say what a brilliant car the trophy is, and how much i wish i had bit the buillet and sold my 182 CUp and got one two years ago. The negative was that i was only offered £7,000 for a mint private reg "CUP" six month old clio.......

Secondly, i have noted other owners clubs have t- shirts. Is there no plans to make red clio trophy t shirts? or have some have been made?

regards

Andy

PS Who/ were is number 1????

Reaction score
Hello andy182,

Bite the bullet now, never a better time to buy, sell your Cup for £7.5K and get a Trophy for £9.5K.

No-one has ever mentioned that, maybe a bright red t-shirt and bright red car would be a bit much "Look at me!". A little bit sad worn at the same time too. Maybe a Dark Grey Polo shirt with just a discrete Trophy logo on the top left.

Number 001/500 was sold recently I believe, it's had a few owners now but is in good nick as far as I recall, if you look at the 001 thread in the Owners Register you will see it's history.

Regards

Steve

Reaction score
Is car 001 not being held by Renault themselves? Or on display somewhere, sure i remember reading something like that....

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Is car 001 not being held by Renault themselves? Or on display somewhere, sure i remember reading something like that....

I believe that's the case with the car numbered 00? Which is the reason there were 501 not 500.

As for T-shirts, unfortunately in the current climate of carjacking and theft-to-order, you'd have to be careful about where you wore it and what time of day, because walking across a car park in certain parts of the country wearing a "ClioTrophy" T-shirt would scream "Mug me for my car keys" in my opinion :(

There's a story on here somewhere about a Trophy owner who was carjacked in a Sainsbury's car park... :shock:

Reaction score
Hi Site,

Thanks for the comments. I agree i should have done it, but hey i'll never make the same mistke again.. with a bit of luck something "good" will come of this new model.

I agree about the t shirts, however as a collector of such tshirts i have never had anyone have a go at me wearing my Ferrari or lamo t shirts... but as a serving bobbie i agree.

Thanks for the up date about number one, i'll look into that ASAP

Reaction score
T - shirts would be cool - maybe something subtle.

Like a nice poem or moto on the back like "Obsessed a word used by the lazy, unknowing car public to describe the dedicated Trophy owner".

Cheesey but I like it and think it sums up a lot about Trophy ownership.

White t-shirt, red trophy and moto on back!!