Reaction score
Hi folks,

I periodically do the trip-button diagnostic test to make sure 007 is running ok and of the four ---- the first one has come up with a t, which I think is an injection fault?

Has anyone had this or got any more information to shed on the matter? Got no idea if it's serious or not.

Cheers guys

Reaction score
I had a think and I know what it could be. A few weeks ago the coolant temp sensor went on 007 which, according to my meccy mate, caused unburnt fuel to flood thru the exhaust into the cat, thus buggering it up. Anyway, the innards of the cat blocked the exhaust exit and the car motor couldn't start, or at least when it did it ran very very lumpy and gingerly, eventually stalling after 30 secs or so.

Anyway, after having another cat put on 007 now runs perfectly, so I can only assume this fault is one stored from the day the cat got destroyed... All because of a £20 sensor!

Does this sound like a possible cause, as it seems to be running absolutely fine now, better in fact, and I just don't see any need to take the T back to a garage again!

Dan

G

only just noticed this thread... :oops:

yes the t code means an 'injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds'

it does sound like its related to your coolant temp sensor issue. I think Johnny had the same problem when he had it? and its been stored fault on his since then. I cleared it off when I brought it and its not been back and all is running fine...