Reaction score
I have an issue with my trophy's suspension set up. I adore the sash dampers they are very well build and have a good amount of adjustability but are lacking adjustable spring seat platforms. I feel when the car is on track it needs to be lower at the front and the back but mostly the back.

My questions is what lowering springs are available for a T and can you buy adjustable seat platforms and shorter springs for the rear?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I know some people change for the Mark Fish ones as they lower the ride hight in the rear by quite a bit. I'm not sure if the Mark Fish ones when fitted to the front lower the car. I'm sure someone else in the know will be on soon to confirm.

Reaction score
Mark fish sells slightly stiffer lowering springs and adjustable koni rears. They only lower the car 10 - 15mm at the front and a little more at the back. Quite a difference but it's still a road car. They are rumoured to be eibach and stealthsport have mentioned offering a similar setup I believe. No idea about the spring platforms though.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
They are rumoured to be eibach and stealthsport have mentioned offering a similar setup I believe.

They're not Eibach, i called all the independent spring manufacturers a couple of weeks ago as i was fed up with the rubbish being spouted by certain parties. The springs are made by a British coil spring manufacturing company, who strangely enough wouldnt give me the specs :roll:

Re: the OP's question, as per my response on ClioSport.

Reaction score
spank-it said:
I feel when the car is on track it needs to be lower at the front and the back but mostly the back.
?

Not disagreeing, but just wondering why you feel that?
What is currently happening with the car on track that you feel lowering will help with?

Reaction score
alolympic said:
spank-it said:
I feel when the car is on track it needs to be lower at the front and the back but mostly the back.
?

Not disagreeing, but just wondering why you feel that?
What is currently happening with the car on track that you feel lowering will help with?

The Trophy has a torsion beam rear axle/suspension, which has a very low roll centre - and at the same time saloons have quite a high centre of gravity, which makes the car roll (and a stiffer rear bar won't do much once the car is three wheeling!). All this combines to make the rear end feel quite unstable, particularly when braking into high speed ccorners. Lowering the rear is the quick fix - albeit it may increase low speed understeer.

Reaction score
The Trophy has a torsion beam rear axle/suspension, which has a very low roll centre - and at the same time saloons have quite a high centre of gravity, which makes the car roll (and a stiffer rear bar won't do much once the car is three wheeling!). All this combines to make the rear end feel quite unstable, particularly when braking into high speed ccorners. Lowering the rear is the quick fix - albeit it may increase low speed understeer.

This really, but i think with a few geo changes or front damping changes you could avoid the slow speed understeer. Something that would definitely be a trial and error type affair.

Cheers for the help guys, the mark fish setup is something that i think could help just worried about what the setup is like at the front on the roads. I really dont want the front much lower.

Anyone with this setup had any trouble with botteming out or hitting the bump stops?

Reaction score
spank-it said:

This really, but i think with a few geo changes or front damping changes you could avoid the slow speed understeer. Something that would definitely be a trial and error type affair.

Cheers for the help guys, the mark fish setup is something that i think could help just worried about what the setup is like at the front on the roads. I really dont want the front much lower.

Anyone with this setup had any trouble with botteming out or hitting the bump stops?

I have MF springs and not bottomed out anywhere yet. Honestly it's not that low, and a worhwhile upgrade, especially combined with the adjustable Konis.