Reaction score
newbie post i'm afraid!! I have recently purchased an '04 172Cup covered 12k. After 2weeks blissful ownership last night I noted a recurrent thud/knock has appeared at low speeds from engine bay/ nsf wheel arch. Any clues??

Not necessarily linked but also found on reaching full lock there appears to be a scuffing grumble noise from the susp. I have read elsewhere this may be the suspension turret fouling on the damper - anyone had this experience and/or had it resolved?

Am I being a paranoid new owner? I bought through renault so I will take it back under warranty no worries but if I go armed with some common faults to suggest I might be able to get the infamous renault customer service at least focusing on the right areas first!!!!

cheers
Chris

Reaction score
The full lock scrabbling noise that you mention is commonplace, even on Trophys.

Lots of people on ClioSport.net have had it fixed with mixed results, so you might get more info there.

I've decided to live with it myself. :roll:

Day

Reaction score
If it's what I get than it's probobly the strut rubbing - easy to fix yourself.

Just need to remove the top strut nut and find where it's rubbing and file it down.

Reaction score
SUSPENSION KNOCKING

SUPRISINGLY I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. WHEN COLD JARRING THE WHEEL LEFT AND RIGHT( NOT AGGRESIVLY) PRODUCED A HEFTY KLONK. AND WHEN GOING AT SLOW SSPEEDS. BREAKING AND PULLING AWAY SOUDED LIKE THE WHEEN WAS COMMING OFF. ITOOK MINE TO A DEALER THEY FIXED ON THE SECOND ATTEMPT. AFTER I REALISED NEAR SIDE MENT NEAREST TO THE CURB NOT NEAREST TO ME. LOL

THEYE SAID PLASTIC CAPS WERE RUBBING, AND THE SES TUURRET WAS MODIFIED. DONT KNOW IF THEY ACTUALLY DID ANY THING. BUT IT WORKED. STILL GETTHE INTERMITTENT KNOCKING WHEN COLD BUT THAT STOPS ONCE THE CAR IS WARM AND THE POWERSTEERING IS LOOSENED UP.