Supa Glass

Reaction score
Having been a victim of crime and 'seeing' how easy it is to break a car's windows I'm thinking about getting something like Supa Glass but I'm wondering if there's any point?

Yes it means you can hit the window with a baseball bat and it won't explode but does that put a thief off or will they simply do more damage to the car trying to get in?

At the moment I need a new HU, a new window and bit of time with the Dyson. I'd rather that once a year than getting bodywork sorted!?!?!?

Reaction score
This is exactally what I was thinking, at the end of the day if these little tw@ts see something they like, and there is an opportunity to have it they wont stop at just braking the window, they will prise the door open, drill the lock, or if they still have no look and they are frustrated do something else.

I have got into the habit of not leaving anything on show any more, i will always take it with me or leave it at home if i know i have no where to leave it.

Only other option is to make sure you park the car under a street light near a camera that way they will be more likely to leave you car as they will be on full show. I know its always temting to park in the corner out of the way to stop people parking near you but its one of those things.

Reaction score
SteveC said:
Only other option is to make sure you park the car under a street light near a camera that way they will be more likely to leave you car as they will be on full show. I know its always temting to park in the corner out of the way to stop people parking near you but its one of those things.

I just wish it was legal to wire the car upto the mains, that would deter them :twisted:

Reaction score
Theres nothing to say that you cant have a faulty earth and a couple more 12v battiers in the car, just need to figure out a way of having some form of remote control to turn it off when you get back to the car :twisted:

Reaction score
Supa Glass cost £550 for clear or £650 for tinted. Once you've had the treatment they will retreat any windows that get shattered...

Apparently it's the only Tatcham approved anti-shatter system and it can take upto 90 seconds to get through the glass. Baseball bats bounce off and a hammer just makes a nice pattern.....

It's difficult? If I had protected no claims and a £200 excess I'd go for it, but I don't have protected no clams and my excess is £600 so a wrenched open door is something I can't afford!?!?

Thing is how many of these thefts are pre-planned and how many are opportunist smash and grabs?

Bottom line is they used a small flat bladed screwdriver to get in. One of the Scene of Crime guys was saying that all they do is put a screwdriver against the glass near the lower left hand corner (lower right on the passenger side), give it a whack and the glass explodes! Just as he had said this the other guy said "look that's where it was, small flat bladed screwdriver against the glass...." and pointed out the mark on the rubber!

They then use 2 screwdrivers to lever the head unit out...

I'd have said if they shatter the glass and it doesn't go the alarm would go off and they'd run but would they jab the screwdriver into to door to prove a point?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if they know what they're doing it'd take them maybe 30 seconds to a minute to get into the car, regardless of the glass. save your money or buy tracker and get them to sticker up the radio as well.