Reaction score
What is the correct tyre pressures for the Exlato tyres.

Just had my tryes checked to see if i had a punture and they have no idea what the correct pressurs should be. Now i have looked in all of the hand books but cant find the information. I have spoken to the dumb arse dealership and they have said its the same as the standard models, but they run Contis on 15" rims.

At the moment i think i may be running on over inflated tyres as the car is bouncing all over the road.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I normally run 34psi front 32psi rear.

There's a table of pressures in the cars manual.

Reaction score
Cheers Nik, for some reason i dont seem to have the normal handbook, really should of checked when i picked the car up.

On another note, if i do have a slow punture, where is the cheapest place to get a new Exalto.

Reaction score
SteveC said:
Cheers Nik, for some reason i dont seem to have the normal handbook, really should of checked when i picked the car up.

On another note, if i do have a slow punture, where is the cheapest place to get a new Exalto.

I had a thread about this - should not be too far down the thread list.

If you beat the price I found be sure to add the shop to the list! :)

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Well i checked the tyres. The two fronts were 26psi and the passanger rear was 24psi but the drivers side was 32psi.

Since sorting them out the car handles so much better, turn in is crisper and general stabiltiy under braking is improved.

Only problem is i seem to be lossing my fillings very quickly as its a little bit harsh, but then again i live in the middle of nowwhere and they have yet to recieve Tarmac.

hyb

Reaction score
Just checked mine, 2degrees outside, Fronts were 29, rears were 26. Ill pump em up to Nik's pressures and see how it goes :)

Reaction score
The supplementary handbook that I got with the car (which is for the 172/182) says 33 front & 30 rear so maybe the best thing to do is experiment.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
MickD said:
The supplementary handbook that I got with the car (which is for the 172/182) says 33 front & 30 rear so maybe the best thing to do is experiment.

Yeah, I was looking at the Michelin website earlier and thats the pressures that they recommend for the Exalto on a Clio. Might drop mine a little, although i do quite a lot of motorway driving so probably want them a bit higher.