BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im fitting new ones in April so ill let everyone know if it solves the problem.

Ben.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went back to standard top mounts ages ago Colin, god where have you been :wink: .
I fell out with the solid ones.

I have a track day in May and I want alot of things doing before hand. New ball joints, antiroll bar and wishbone bushes and top mounts to name a few. I would fit new top mounts now but it will mean getting the geometry setup again as I will be removing the camber bolts so im just going to get everything done at the same time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Noticed mine looked uneven the other day?! Re the top mounts they seems very flimsy and rough, went and got replacement top bearings and rubber mounts today but look no worse than the ones already on the car.

Reaction score
Mine too, is this confirmation the dampers need looking at?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I hope not, I had mine done not long ago.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stevie said:
Mine too, is this confirmation the dampers need looking at?

No, if you think about it the inside of the turret pushes down on the doughnut part of the top mount which pushes down the top plate which sits on a ridge on the piston so any movement of the damper spring asemnly happens below that point, the spring and damper could be squished flat and it would affect how far the top of the piston protudes above the turret. The only thing that can affect that is what happens between the top plate and the inside of the turret.
Hope that makes sense.