Reaction score
for the past few weeks my car seems to sound very strange either the first time i start it, or after it is left for hours and hours...basically when it is stone cold.

not sure whether it is down to the engine, aftermarket exhaust, or lamba sensor not being put back in yet (but it has been happening since not long after this was removed) but it is noticeable.

the car basically sounds a bit tinny, and like its got anti-lag (basically bwarp bwarb bwarb bward very quickly, but without the pops and bangs lol)

anyone know what it could be??

i have a feeling that it could be down to the exhaust...if you put your foot down a fair bit before it has fully warmed up the exhaust gives off a bad note, a resonating high pitched one rather than normal.

Could it be down to the exhaust moving/shrinking etc as it goes from cold to hot? because as I say when the car is upto temperature it sounds proper on the money.

its not shockingly bad, but its noticeable.

any ideas?

Reaction score
Maybe Yozzasport boys could give you an opinion as they have more experience of the effects different mods have.

bwarp bwarb bwarb bward - you have opened yourself up with this description, that could be anything from engine, to exhaust to Eurovision :)

Reaction score
it was actually 10 times better this morning...maybe because it was so hot.

Im gonna try my best to get the lamba sensor in on thurs and then see the difference. But as I say, as soon as its warm its absolutely fine!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i was getting a sound that sounded a bit like a knitting machine under the engine - hasn't done it since the weather has improved though, it got quite loud over jan/feb - steelers couldn't identify it :?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
My car sometimes pops and bangs from cold, in fact it did it this morning.

mine does that, if you rev it a bit, and just jab the throttle it goes 'pop' :lol:

Reaction score
This is all part of the start-up mode, the fuelling and valve overlap is all different for the first 75 seconds to allow for the Cat to warm up so the car could pass emissions, a cold cat doesn't do anything. This is why performance is also severely limited, it shouldn't be an issue because if you're using full throttle load in the first 75 seconds, you're going to start hearing lots more noises once your engine is fooked.

Reaction score
Steve said:
This is all part of the start-up mode, the fuelling and valve overlap is all different for the first 75 seconds to allow for the Cat to warm up so the car could pass emissions, a cold cat doesn't do anything. This is why performance is also severely limited, it shouldn't be an issue because if you're using full throttle load in the first 75 seconds, you're going to start hearing lots more noises once your engine is fooked.

im not using anywhere near full throttle. I don't go over 3k and only use the accelerator softly for at least 5 minutes. you can hear the difference at idol!