Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I've noticed a noise coming from the front right of the car when I'm turning in to the left. I wouldn't describe it as a 'knock', it's more of a 'whump-whump-whump' if that makes any sense (it does in my head at least).

My first instinct was a wheel bearing on it's way out, but wanted to check if it could be something else first.

Cheers,

Rhod

G

Hi Rhod,

Yes it could be your wheel bearing or your CV joint or your power steering or maybe a drop link?

My friend owns a ford ka (i know its a totally different car compared to the T) however he had the same problem it wasnt a knocking noises more like how you described a "whump" noise and the problem was a cracked suspension coil spring that kept jumping out of place when he turned.

Anyway its best you get it checked out!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I have a noise coming from the front left. Its been there a while but now becoming more noticeable. I originally thought it was me turning in the car park at my flat (there were bricks but weren't stuck down so made a noise as you drove over them). But now I no longer live there it appears to be the car.

The only way I can describe it is two paving slabs/bricks rubbing/knocking together. It happens on slight lock at slow or fast speed, I also seemed to notice it tonight pulling away from a set of lights with a wall on the left making the sound bounce back. I think it sounds like wheel bearing, but not really heard one myself thats failed. Sound like it to you? If the weather holds up this weekend I plan to jack it up and see if there is play in the wheel.

Anyone know the cost for a wheel bearing?

Reaction score
No idea how much they are from Renault, but front bearings are around £35 each from K-Tec.