Reaction score
Just the other day i was driving down a 70mph road and the car infront of me was doing 40mph, i decided to overtake in 3rd gear, as i overtook a approached 70mph and there was a strange noise, it sounded like the front arch liner had peeled away and was rubbing on my wheel. I stopped the car and checked but everything was solid, nothing loose at all under the car, the arch liners were fine, nothing loose under the bonnet??
I then got back into the car and took it up to 70mph again and i could hear this noise again??
Like i said the only way i could describe the noise was the liner rubbing on my wheel, possibly something vibrating fast against something??? I have no idea as everything looks sound??

Any ideas????

This happened to me once in my FF182 at higher speeds on a track day but then never happened again. The noise in this was slightly different, more like wind spinning something or blowing through a gap it shouldnt have.

My cam / aux belt change is due soon, could it be to do with this?? It doesnt happen at certin rpm but at speed.

Cheers Scott

Reaction score
It could be the cover for the aux belt, this can rub best to leave it off when you get it replaced.

Reaction score
i have had a similar problem, found it to be mud and grit on the inside of the alloy wheel that is unbalancing the wheels causing the vibrations mainly on the rear wheels, good clean out will solved it.