BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive been stopped buy the police 3 times in the Trophy.

1st time was at 00:10 hours and I had just finished work, entered a round about at a steady speed and when I came off the roundabout I floored it in 2nd as a policeman was coming in the opposite direction, he circled the roundabout and followed me for about a mile before pulling me over and giving me a telling off. I didnt think it mattered how fast I got up to 60mph as long as I didnt pass it , but there you go. He accused me of speeding which was a complete lie, why would I speed when I saw them coming. I denied it and he got all snotty saying he has the power to have my car crushed etc, I could understand if I was in the wrong.

2nd time was on the same roundabout at the same time but this time I entered the roundabout at 40 (being midnight the road was clear) only who was coming in the opposite direction, the police ! I got pulled over but I knew I was in the wrong this time so expected it. The guy siad I was coming round the roundabout on 2 wheels, I really wanted to say that clio's do it on 3 wheels but I kept my mouth shut this time. I was no where near on 3 wheels at 40mph, the Trophy just glides around roundabouts at that speed. But, its 30mph limit on roundabouts so I accepted I was wrong.

3rd time was in the middle of a Cliosport meet of all places leading the pack! It was just a random vehicle check and were pulling alot of people over that day, they had the cones out and everything, not too bothered and im all for it,its just the others had no idea where they were going :) .

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I've always wondered what they do in those vehicle checks. Is it to make sure you have tax, insurance etc and enough tread on your rubber?

Reaction score
BenG said:
..But, its 30mph limit on roundabouts so I accepted I was wrong...

Is that in general or around that specific roundabout? i have never heard that before!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm expecting to be pulled any day now..
Young person in a fast car.. ''random routine check''

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was stopped a few weeks ago on the M-way by a nice traffic officer who wanted to discuss why his radar gun was obviously reading incorrect speed figures when pointing it at my car.... he won the arguement and thought he was doing me a favour by lightening my car (and my wallet) by the tune of £60... first ticket in 6 years and all because it was late (1am) and I wanted to get back home...

What makes matters worse is that a Rangerover was overtaking me at the time and he got away with it!!!!

Reaction score
My neighbour is a police officer and has admitted to me on more than one occasion that he breaks the speed limit on his own motorbike... it's all bullsh... he said "we are all human"

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
eddyg said:
BenG said:
..But, its 30mph limit on roundabouts so I accepted I was wrong...

Is that in general or around that specific roundabout? i have never heard that before!!

Well it was on a single carrage way and in most cases there is a round sign with an X through it which means its end of national speed limit, as far as I am aware on a roundabout its 30mph.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've always wondered what they do in those vehicle checks. Is it to make sure you have tax, insurance etc and enough tread on your rubber?

They were nice enough about it. They took my name and address and checked for insurance, MOT, Tax and a general check of the car, tyres etc... It only took 5 mins.

Reaction score
My old man was co-driving the Mille Miglia in some exotic car many years ago. His driver (can't remember who) was tanking along and was pulled over by the Italian police.

Rather than tell him off, the asked him to drive past them again really fast, as they loved the noise.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
My old man was co-driving the Mille Miglia in some exotic car many years ago. His driver (can't remember who) was tanking along and was pulled over by the Italian police.

Rather than tell him off, the asked him to drive past them again really fast, as they loved the noise.

=D>

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:

\:D/ haha that funny! Bet they were surprised to hear police say that.