Reaction score
I've had this problem a few times on my Trophy now:

Sometimes when I drive it hard, and especially after hard braking, the throttle seems to stick - the revs will stay high even if I put the clutch in, and will even rise some times if I put the car in neutral. Also, I seem to be down on power when this happens.

Often turning the engine off and on again seems to help, does anyone know what the problem could be?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is a sensor on the TB that you could try cleaning. Ill post more info when I get to work.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ICV sensor, looks like this on the 172 but i know the 182 is different, cotton bud and wd40. It's also woth checking the TB is nice and clean but be careful it's fairly delicate.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 144

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds TB related,either the sensor or maybe a bit of carbon built up in the actual valve - 5 mins to take it off and clean it.

Reaction score
ok great, I'll try it out tomorrow.

When you say "actual valve" what do you mean? Do I have to take the whole throttle body off to clean it? Do I need to remove the inlet manifold to do this as well?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Noooo, take off the air feed hose from the air box to the TB by loosening the jubilee rings and then loosen the same on the TB and it will just pull off.

Reaction score
Excellent, thanks for the help.

Perfect saturday afternoon job :)