£95 +vat for Standard Prussian Blue Leather
Other Trims available at extra cost

Absolute Top Job. Ask for Mike..

2jfeyqt.jpg

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Thats Tidy,

Should maybe post that on Cliosport.net and see what responce you get.

I have been quoted around £160 to get mine done.

Reaction score
That looks mint, Proper OEM. I hate all the re-trims on CS they look gash with their stitching showing.

What are the grips made from? What's their turn-around time?

Reaction score
Jon.G said:
That looks mint, Proper OEM. I hate all the re-trims on CS they look gash with their stitching showing.

What are the grips made from? What's their turn-around time?
Very interested, if less than a wekk, I'll send mine up ...

Reaction score
Best I've seen. Really wanting to get mine done and retain as close to original as possible. Really like this, be interested to here how long it took to get done. Good job

Reaction score
Overall looks like a good job apart from one thing, from the pictures it looks like the rubber thumb grips have been covered & in so doing sit proud of the rest of the wheel & now have too small an area to actually get your thumbs in.

Arran on ClioSport does charge £150 + £10 postage, but the rubber thumb grips are removed and new grips made from scratch in leather which are much nicer, this means the wheel can be in any condition & still be worked on. I bought a very rough wheel off eBay cheap, removed the miraculously intact thumb grips sold them on got wheel trimmed then sold my very good condition wheel, but then he should know what he's doing having done over 30 now.

£95+VAT = £114 so good price, http://www.royalsteeringwheels.co.uk charges £110.

Anyway you go, it's good value as Renault I believe are roughly £300 for a new wheel.

Reaction score
Oh no don't ruin it, my thumb grips have bits missing so might be tricky just to cover them.

Reaction score
How does the airbag come off (other than by crashing into a wall!)? Can't see any obvious clips or screws and don't want to butcher it....

Reaction score
Back of wheel there are two small access homes with metal clips you just prize to the side and airbag slides out the front. Two multiplug connections to unclip & it's off.

Reaction score
If people are just interested in getting thumb grips replaced, maybe hold out. Streamline Carbon are currently working on replacements carbon grips.

Reaction score
Pearson said:
Best I've seen. Really wanting to get mine done and retain as close to original as possible. Really like this, be interested to here how long it took to get done. Good job

Actually 4-5 hours Labour, but I left It with them for 4 Days, Thumb-grips are trimmed with slightly thinner perforated Leather and feel great, unless you have thumbs the size of Shrek...

koi

Reaction score
Nice job on the retrim. Guess I'll have to hunt for a spare wheel to get done as it's my daily drive