Reaction score
Just got myself a second hand wheel and looking to get it retrimed. Has anybody had theirs done? Photos if possible please :)

Anyone know if retrimers would take old 'leather' :lol: off? or do they go over that with the retrim?

Reaction score
I got mine done by Gibson Trimming, look in the media/photo section to see what it was like just after I got it done. i have since replaced the steering wheel badge with a real carbon fibre one and the dash strips to match whole interior now looks much higher quality.

Steering wheel has been on now for a few thousand miles and I wouldn't return to standard, it's just so nice to use, feels really nice.

On mine he trimmed over the original covering which he described as some horrible plastic stuff, it's not real leather. If I was to do again, I'd maybe get it done differently around the thumb grips as he trimmed over mine which to use is great, maybe could look better.

A thought would be to get the carbon fibre thumb grips and get him to fit these while he trims it so its all really neat.

Reaction score
It's a fairly common thing to get them recovered in Australia- needless to say the weather over here kills them if the vehicle is left outside.

Here's an example covered completely in leather:
wheel2.JPG

wheel3.JPG

Here's another with just the thumb grips covered in leather:
1KjYYA-66b043126d0e8283d67b068ec48991b3.jpg
1Kjiz9-66b043126d0e8283d67b068ec48991b3.jpg

Another with before and after pics:
img2150j.jpg

newwheel.jpg