Reaction score
Has anyone got an exploded drawing of the 1.5 dci steering rack circa 2003, as part of my changes to the trophy i'm fitting a manual steering rack, i've just picked one up but it seems to be missing a cover :? if someone's got a drawing it would help identify the part required.

Also if anyone's got a knackered rack from there Trophy and would like one that works, then let me know before i use this against the surcharge.

Cheers
Chris

Reaction score
Cheers Power Ranger, have you got an exploded diagram of Rack 1 in picture 2?

Cheers
Chris

Reaction score
Chris, i would check the ratio before fitting, it could be very much slower than the Trophy's.

Reaction score
George K said:
Chris, i would check the ratio before fitting, it could be very much slower than the Trophy's.

Hi George, that's one of things i checked before hand, the 1.2's etc have about 4 turns lock to lock, but the diesels have about 2.5, i think the sports rack is 2.6-2.8 or thereabouts.
Basically the rack i've got in the garage is identical in all the right areas when compared to the Trophy rack, so the only difference will be manual steering as opposed to powered steering.

I'm also led to beleive that the manual rack is not quite as heavy as the power steering rack with no power, but only time will tell this :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wow this is interesting, the feel you get with power steering is good without should be go kart like. Trouble is if you need to get down the gym before hand.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gazza said:
Wow this is interesting, the feel you get with power steering is good without should be go kart like. Trouble is if you need to get down the gym before hand.

Yeah, was quite shocked at how heavy the steering was on the 5 GTT and that's a 800 kilo car!

Reaction score
Cue said:
chris when are you on track over the next couple of months - i'll try and make one....

Hi Cue, i'm still waiting for confirmation that the croft day is still going ahead on 6th of september, but other than that i'm at Cadwell on the 11th of August for the Renaultsport trackday, once these are out of the way i'll be stripping the car down for the winter rebuild :D

The steering isn't actually that bad, for a shopping car it would be a pain but for A to B driving and track use it's ok.

I might not be saying this after cadwell next month :wink:

Chris