Reaction score
Well i have decided that as i am skint what with moving in with my gf a couple of weeks ago, that i wanted to do something with the car.

All of the obvious options, such as exhaust, engine mods are out of the window, as is the harnesses and brake upgrades.

So i have taken the spanner to the engine bay and taken the engine to pieces :?

Well not the whole engine that would be silly, I have taken the engine hoist off and the fuel rail gaurd. Got my self some aluiminum oxide paper, and a fat pack of differnet grades of Wet and Dry.

CAN U GUESS WHAT IT IS YET :lol:

Yeah you have guessed it, i am going to polish a few of the bits under the bonnet.

I have started off with the engine hook, taken me about 30mins so far just to get the black coating off the front and side of the hook, not even started on the inside.
I will get some pics online with the progress of the bits. Hopefully they should all be done to a basic standard for the Donny show, in a few weeks, but by the time Traxx comes i hope to have them finished, along with the RS logo on the top. Once they have been done, i will set my hand to starting the Inlet manifold.

Wish me luck LOL :lol:

Reaction score
Haha, when you break it there are some spare parts i need.
PM me sometime :wink:

(Good Luck Matey, if it all works i'll just copy you :D )

Reaction score
Bye Bye fingerprints!! :lol:

Attachments

• orbisoud 2 004.jpg
    orbisoud 2 004.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Well heres is what i have done so far.

It has been a bugger to get rid of the black, but here goes.

It has taken me around 4/5hours to get it finsihed, i have only done the front as the back is pointless as it cant be seen anyway. I have aslo left the lip black as it looke quite cool.

Suppose i can always finish it off at a later date.

I polised the Renault Sport logo as well which from certain angles looks good but when looking straight at it, it looks like it has been painted white. Never mind. LOL

Now for the fuel gaurd rail.

I have a little plan for this :twisted:

I will post another pic later once the engine hoist is back on and the fuel gaurd is out.

Attachments

• DSC00083.jpg
    DSC00083.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00077.jpg
    DSC00077.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 228