Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just had an epiphany!
All this time I've been carrying round the renault jack set when I don't even have a spare tyre!
Does the wheel need to be off the ground if I needed to use that tyre weld stuff?

Reaction score
As above. Not 100% sure on this but im guessing it would leave a substantial flat spot in the weld around the tyre.

Reaction score
I keep one of those tiny electric tyre inflater in the car just in case its just a small puncture, once the foam is used the tyre is runined anyway and takes ages to get it off the inside of the alloy.
But get a big enough hole though and neither will be any use.

And yes you need to lift the wheel before the foam goes in...i hear its also helps if you turn the wheel as the foam goes in too if possible.

Reaction score
Years and years ago i had to use foam on my Gti-6 to get me back from a 70 mile journey. Took the tyre to my local ATS and he said that as foam had been used they could not do the repair. I asked if i could have a go myself as they'd got the tyre off. With some careful drying and some persistance i was able to get the repair kit to stick. That same tyre went on to last me for another 3500 miles with no problems whatsoever. . .

There may be some science behind it somewhere but also some money making too.

I've been lucky that the above even has been my only ever puncture in my driving career. So im hoping the tyre foam in the T will remain un-used.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
buzzer said:
Why would the tyre be ruined if you use the foam?

If you put the foam in without removing the item that caused the hole, you end up welding it to the tyre and the tyre needs to be replaced. If you remove the item and then use the foam, you are OK... Well OK in the way you can re-use the tyre (normally) but you run the risk of the foam not sealing the hole if it's too big with the item in it.

Easiest thing... Don't get a puncture! :lol:

Reaction score
the wheel doesent have to be off the ground to use the foam. it is just designed to get you home, although i did run a winter shed for about 2000 miles on a tyre with it in, when i took it to get the puncture fixed they did do it but charged me slightly more because they had to wash the tyre out before fixing it

Reaction score
The gunk they provide goes like a liquid in the tyre and sort of seals areas leaking however if you get a puncture and its still drivable i would suggest getting it repaired rather than sticking this stuff in it its not nice stuff.

Just thought i would mention its a bit random but my dad went down the scrappy the other day and purchased another space saver for a mg zs 180 with the 17" alloys now the space saver is exaclty the same stud fitment 4x100 and its the same diameter by eye to the turinis on the T so iv knicked it for a while and will be keeping an eye out for another one. This space saver is mint and cost £20 fits perfect in the boot so just a thought for all T owners.