Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Just leave the poor thing standard... well maybe the wiper mod.

Correct. No changes required.

Remember less is often more!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Vish356 said:
so is a xenon headlight mod out of the question?? :?:

I presume you mean HID headlights not xenon headlights. You can just fit xenon bulbs to the current headlight set-up.

Reaction score
Cue said:
Vish356 said:
so is a xenon headlight mod out of the question?? :?:

I presume you mean HID headlights not xenon headlights. You can just fit xenon bulbs to the current headlight set-up.

rilly? didnt know that. does it make a difference or would i look like a twat?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
brighter and road legal.

Philips x-treme power or the osram equivalents are the best of them.

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=hid

or this explains it best

"Theres often confusion about this, the bulbs above are standard filament bulbs filled with Xenon gas which produces a whiter light than the more common halogen gas filled bulbs. Osram SIlverstars are Xenon bulbs for example.

When people talk about 'Xenons' as on the full fat 182, what they really mean is HID (High Intensity Discharge) lights which are totally different, and use very large voltages (but lower currents) to produce a spark arcing across a gap between two metal plates to produce light rather than a filament. They are also filled with Xenon gas, hence their nickname.

You can fit Xenon filament bulbs to any car, but 'Xenons' of the HID variety need charge packs and different bulbs and wiring etc. HID conversion kits are available for around £100 though."

Reaction score
K-Tec site says it's a vast improvement over the standard black plastic grill. surely they can't lie on their website os it must be true. I don't see how though, it looks vile. I had though of painting calipers red, but I'm liking the idea to paint them anthracite even more. I think the wiper mod is more of a priority though.

Reaction score
Come on lads can we stop taking the mick out of Trophy#128 now please!? It's back to standard now and has been for about 15 months! :roll:

111.jpg

11.jpg

111111.jpg

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it was done by a main dealer i believe - Josh is innocent.

It was only reposted as an example of what not to do. You've done wonders with it since you bought it. =D>

Reaction score
out of interest, how much did it cost to put it back to standard? Or was it sold with all the standard parts i.e. anthracite turinis, black fog surrounds etc?

Reaction score
hold on a sec....just looked at the pics again and it had anthracite tunrini's on when it was all silver etc. Wasn't there one that had 17" Silver Turini's put on it? With an old man sitting in the seat up on ebay? Same car or different car?

Apologies to 128/500 for making this subject ongoing...however it is not a pop at you at all, you have done great and are to be commended! :D

Reaction score
Its ok, the car was sold as it was on the dealer photos, with the silver grille, silver side strips, silver fog surrounds, the silver parts on the rear above the exhausts, the colour coded front splitter which was in Capsicum Red and of course, the Lexus lights. Very easy to get back to how it should be, as they were little paint jobs and the original light clusters were fitted by us. It always had the anthracite turini's, the car you are talking of was a different number, on ebay.
All in all it cost about £200-£300 to get back to how it was originally, and in between it was Permaguarded (which it is booked in for it re-applying next Saturday). The car now has a Carbon splitter, and other than that the exterior is standard. :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think the other one you were talking about was the one with the oil temp gauge and snow plough front splitter (sick)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
128/500 said:
Its ok, the car was sold as it was on the dealer photos, with the silver grille, silver side strips, silver fog surrounds, the silver parts on the rear above the exhausts, the colour coded front splitter which was in Capsicum Red and of course, the Lexus lights. Very easy to get back to how it should be, as they were little paint jobs and the original light clusters were fitted by us. It always had the anthracite turini's, the car you are talking of was a different number, on ebay.
All in all it cost about £200-£300 to get back to how it was originally, and in between it was Permaguarded (which it is booked in for it re-applying next Saturday). The car now has a Carbon splitter, and other than that the exterior is standard. :D

ahhh you're the other Trophy that's booked in... I was speaking to graham the other day and he said he had another one booked in for saturday.

Reaction score
Speaking of Permaguard, those of you who have had it done - have you found that it totally eliminates all swrils? Also, have you had any trouble with plastic discolouration? - I think the guys that did my top up were a little careless and subsequently my splitter and a couple of other black platic parts have got small areas of white on them.. :(

Reaction score
quik I've had my 1st top up last year and yes there are slight swirl marks but the paintwork wasnt the best when I got it. Its a damn sight better now though.

But as Graham (Manchester) explained when he did the 1st application, as each application goes on it smoothes out imperfections bit by bit. Its not a miracle cure 1st time.

As regards the discolouration to plastic or white marks I havent suffered that.

In my opinion its well worth the cost.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've not noticed any white marks on plastic bits - have you spoken to them about it? Swirls do take a while for them to even out - just about to have my 2nd top up so will post up some comments next w/e.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
Speaking of Permaguard, those of you who have had it done - have you found that it totally eliminates all swrils? Also, have you had any trouble with plastic discolouration? - I think the guys that did my top up were a little careless and subsequently my splitter and a couple of other black platic parts have got small areas of white on them.. :(

Have you tried the pencil rubber trick on the marks? Worth a go.