Reaction score
Thanks to a massive hole in a grass car park my splitter is no more :( (http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7773) - so I'm planning on getting a replacement.

I know Marrow and BigPhil are also on the hunt for a new one so if anyone else needs one we should see if we can get some kind of discount, from K-Tec or, I guess, Renault :?

Marrow said he'd already rung K-Tec to see what they could do and it looks like with just the three of us we should be looking at around £100 inc. VAT and delivery, which is a tidy reduction already. More peeps=cheaper splitters!

Anyone else need a new one?

Reaction score
I prefer the original splitter over the slightly cheaper KTec CF ones, mainly because in my opinion they are tougher and less prone to being chipped by stones. A stone is more likely to bounce off the oem splitter.

The best price I've had from Renault is £130 including VAT. That's from Bury St Edmunds. They might drop a little more if we order more than 2.

KTec quoted £104 each if 2 are ordered + posted to the same address, and £99 each if 3 are posted to same address.

This is why I asked who needs a splitter close to Cambridge.

Reaction score
Im not that close to cambridge but i really need one of these and have been holding off since ive had the car because they are such a rip-off. :x

Would still be interested in a group buy tho.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the oem ones are a lot more prone to cracking - hence why you all need them and the one's who switched to the CF ones don't lol.

Reaction score
Right, have spoke with Renault in Bury St Edmunds again... nice people there... and they will sell a splitter for £115/each (inc VAT). It appears they come in bubble wrap packaging, they're not keen on posting-on (they may if you really wanted but they would have to charge for this) ... so if you're interested, the best bet I think is to visit them in person. Whilst you're there, I'd recommend some sightseeing as Bury St Edmunds (and Suffolk generall) is a lovely place!

£115 is still a rip-off but compared to most Reno dealers it's a very good price!

Reaction score
Cue- the oems are only going to crack if they are hit hard? The CF ones seem much more prone to stone chips, once chipped they look rubbish in opinion.

Or am I barking mad? [Rich - don't answer this]

Reaction score
Hey, I'm interested in one of these and can come and collect :D still getting some?

Reaction score
Okay so it looks like at least seven or eight of us are after new splitters - this will surely lead to some chunky savings. Great. :)

I guess we should leave it till the end of the week to see if any others want in (10 would be a nice round number), then all that needs to be decided is whether we go for OEM or K-Tec. I'm not too fussed either way tbh - I guess majority rules.

Reaction score
Right, this is the week to order your splitter from Renault Bury St Edmunds.

They won't be able to post, so you'll have to collect in person (post code: IP32 7DF).

£115 including VAT.

Phone number 01284 752999 option 4 (ask for Chris , he works in parts).

Hope this help some people.

Reaction score
Okay so perhaps the group buy thing isn't materialising?

I need to get mine sorted so I may well just go it alone and pay full whack unless anyone else is prepared to jump on the bandwagon in literally the next day or two.

Bit of a dilemma now: do I fork out £115 (plus a drive to Bury, which is no biggie but adds £10 fuel costs) for an OEM plastic one, or £120 for a carbon fibre one from K-Tec?

Decisions decisions.

I'm veering towards the K-Tec in the hope it's a less flimsy bit of kit than the shoddy plastic strip provided by Renault, but if it's prone to chipping then I guess flimsy plastic is better than messy CF.

:?: :?: :?:

Reaction score
With everyone saying the CF ones are more prone to stone chipping, is this for the gloss and the matt ones...or just the gloss??

Reaction score
Jimbo said:
Okay so perhaps the group buy thing isn't materialising?

I need to get mine sorted so I may well just go it alone and pay full whack unless anyone else is prepared to jump on the bandwagon in literally the next day or two.

Bit of a dilemma now: do I fork out £115 (plus a drive to Bury, which is no biggie but adds £10 fuel costs) for an OEM plastic one, or £120 for a carbon fibre one from K-Tec?

Decisions decisions.

I'm veering towards the K-Tec in the hope it's a less flimsy bit of kit than the shoddy plastic strip provided by Renault, but if it's prone to chipping then I guess flimsy plastic is better than messy CF.

:?: :?: :?:

Um, don't understand this. You started the thread and let it get away, there are 6 other people who have expressed an interest apart from marrow, that must be enough for some kind of G/B.

Reaction score
I want one and vote standard. IMHO the carbon one looks out of place if it's the only carbon on the outside...