Speakers.......

Reaction score
Trophy No.
people who've upgraded.... talk to me. I'm thinking Focal speakers. I love music and after only two days of ownership the speakers in the Trophy are killing me (I thought the wipers going the wrong way would be the thing that annoyed me !). I want some nice sounding equipment and the best way to kill all the rattles that come from the bass.

Any ideas, opinions, what to buy, speaker sizes or advice on how to kill rattles will be greatly appreciated. It also gives you guys an opportunity to show your Trophy off, who doesn't like showing off their pride and joy!!!!

Reaction score
Did focal speakers all round and one of their base boxes in the boot, works a treat really surprises everyone that goes in it.

Reaction score
all i will say is dont waste your time, if you still have the oem headunit, and if you put new speakers in, they tend to benefit from an amp, so the dont bottom out

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If I went focal all round I think would pair it with an alpine HU. I've never ever had a bad experience with alpine HU's. How do people cute the bass rattles?! I'd quite like to keep the steering wheel controls too

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Haha trust me, I'm not one that turns the bass up to ten. It's actually at about two along with the treble and it sounds whack. If I can get rid of the major rattles from the plastic trim I will be a happy bunny

Reaction score
I upgraded to an Alpine HU which retained stalk controls and display, plus a set of amped 16.5cm components, but it just wasn't enough, so I then added an under seat sub. It doesn't give the levels of bass that a boxed boot driver would, but that was never the intention. What I do have is a nice, rounded sound with enough depth to keep me happy.

If I was doing it again I'd stick with the standard speakers, upgrade the HU and just add a sub. Cut the low frequencies to the speakers and the end result is a decent sound without too much outlay.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I upgraded to an Alpine HU which retained stalk controls and display, plus a set of amped 16.5cm components, but it just wasn't enough, so I then added an under seat sub. It doesn't give the levels of bass that a boxed boot driver would, but that was never the intention. What I do have is a nice, rounded sound with enough depth to keep me happy.

If I was doing it again I'd stick with the standard speakers, upgrade the HU and just add a sub. Cut the low frequencies to the speakers and the end result is a decent sound without too much outlay.

What headunit are you running?id love to retain the controls and display with out much pissing about haha have you got a pic too?

Reaction score
Alpine CDA-117ri

Can't remember details of the Alpine lead, I bought it from a fellow 182 owner for ~£70 I think but that's what allows the controls.

No pics I'm afraid, the car is away at the moment.

Reaction score
Got a Focal component kit in my R5GTT and was impressed with the sound quality. My Trophy came with no rear speakers and as retaining OE head unit bought some cheap and cheerful FLI Under Ground 13cm 2 way coaxial speakers for the rear £15 from Wilco, not amazing however do the job.