Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No they are yellow and don't say eibach on them as far as i've been able to see.

That's what makes me question this, i've never seen yellow eibach springs.

Attachments

• DSC00334 (Small).JPG
    DSC00334 (Small).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 796
  • DSC00327 (Small).JPG
    DSC00327 (Small).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 796

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The obvious thought would be that they are actually Sachs springs of course, not sure why they'd be anything else to be honest..... :-k

Reaction score
Definately Halfords springs those. Maybe the money they spent on the dampers, they had to make savings in other areas

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Blimey, the worlds greatest hot hatch runs on Halfords springs?

Just imagine how much better than the competition it would be if they'd fitted some decent quality ones :wink:

Reaction score
No. The worlds greatest hot hatch runs on a torsion bar. The best of the present crop runs on Halford springs :wink:

Reaction score
When i spoke to Eibach a few months back they said that Sachs who they deal with and use to make the Eibach suspension kits, use a custom (Yellow) spring on the front of the car and a Standard spring (Black) for the Trophy.

From what i can gather Yellow springs are a custom design from Eibach and Black's tend to be OE Spec designs.

Reaction score
i wonder if eibach would consider making a lower spring for the trophy if they had enough people interested in a set, they wouldnt need to do any r&d as they made the springs currently fitted to the car?

Reaction score
lol sorry for bringing up an old thread i'm a noob looking to see if it's possible / sensible to lower the trophy.

i dont think the front needs dropping any more than 10mm but the back could do with at least 20mm taking off it.

Reaction score
fazedesign said:
Jesus! This thread gave me a shock! I though King Stromba was back for a moment..... :lol:

Me too, the dates run consistently, funny comment about the halfords springs, even funnier retort form Nik. I miss Nik, where is he these days? (offtopic) oops sorry.

Yeh, lowering the Trophy - don't do it without speaking to 7MAT.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
I miss Nik, where is he these days? (offtopic) oops sorry.

Don't worry, I'm still here lurking :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
surely the only reason for lowering the car is appearence related... i can't understand people just doing it for appearences but it's only my opinion. It certainly wouldn't improve the dynamics - Reno spent a fortune setting up the suspension on the Trophy, if lowering it by a few mm more would improve it, surely Reno would have done it in the first place.

Reaction score
Mark Fish is the person you need to speak to he sorted out all my suspension mods.

I was at Mark's last Saturday having a few bits done / fitted and he commented that he has lowered another Trophy - anybody on here?