ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The LHF 4413209 cross references 7700836704

The RHF 4413208 cross references 7700836705

These were the PH1 172 liners.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m afraid Ed is right. New drive shafts are no longer available.
I was very fortunate to purchase a pair of new old stock from a former Trophy owner.

Oh bollocks, I am in need desperate need of an off-side (aka right/long side) driveshaft

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh bollocks, I am in need desperate need of an off-side (aka right/long side) driveshaft
Trophy & 182 with cup pack fitment is

Shaftec R396R, 730mm length, 15mm abs ring, Rh side. with support bearing.

Shaftec R396L, 655mm length, 15mm abs ring, LH side, gearbox side.

60k miles warranty.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks very much for the info gents. Have ordered a Shaftec.

That'll take the trophy outlay to £659 this month, and that's with the Sachs rebuild to come

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've found Lemforder wishbones on ECP, anyone tried these?

Not sure of a reliable way to cross reference these against the original number as the ECP number is next to useless as far as I can tell.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've found Lemforder wishbones on ECP, anyone tried these?

Not sure of a reliable way to cross reference these against the original number as the ECP number is next to useless as far as I can tell.

As they cross reference as being suitable for a 1.2 16v, a PH 172 and a 182 Trophy, which are all different, I`d leave well alone and go for these.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As they cross reference as being suitable for a 1.2 16v, a PH 172 and a 182 Trophy, which are all different, I`d leave well alone and go for these.

Hi @Oracle

Do you think the bush rates in the k-tec parts will match OEM?

My concern is they could be any Clio bushes pressed into that lower control arm. I tried asking k-tec who their bush supplier was, but unsurprisingly I didn't get a reply.

If someone has used these arms, I'd love to hear from you as to how they perform!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi @Oracle

Do you think the bush rates in the k-tec parts will match OEM?

My concern is they could be any Clio bushes pressed into that lower control arm. I tried asking k-tec who their bush supplier was, but unsurprisingly I didn't get a reply.

If someone has used these arms, I'd love to hear from you as to how they perform!

I fitted these when i did a full suspension refresh on mine as they were the next best thing with OEM unavailable. They've been fine! I haven't done any particularly hard driving on them but I daily it so I've done a few thousand miles with no issues. They don't seem any harsher or softer than the OEM ones I had fitted before. The only downside is apparently you don't get as much castor with these, that's not much of an issue for road driving though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I fitted these when i did a full suspension refresh on mine as they were the next best thing with OEM unavailable. They've been fine! I haven't done any particularly hard driving on them but I daily it so I've done a few thousand miles with no issues. They don't seem any harsher or softer than the OEM ones I had fitted before. The only downside is apparently you don't get as much castor with these, that's not much of an issue for road driving though.
Thanks for your response @EthanMenace - great to hear from someone who's gone down this route!

I'm more tempted to go with the ktec items then. There's a slight sense of bush wear on the front axle, in the sense that on some patches of particularly poor camber with a single wheel input the car is deflected more than I'd expect (and in comparison to a lower mileage car I've driven).

Not an issue on most roads to be fair, but I'd like to rule out the bushes if they are contributing.

First thing before then is to check the alignment.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd like to rule out the bushes if they are contributing.

First thing before then is to check the alignment.

I would bang in some Powerflex black bushes to the original arms, ditto ARB bushes, replace the bottom ball joints and then reset the alignment with a full Geo check to eliminate any potential problem with the rear end.