Reaction score
Was looking into getting a spare key for my car, phoned renault and they said it would have to me made and it would cost about £140. it would have to be booked into the workshop for a day for the key to be programmed into the alarm. i thought this was quite exspensive,
Has anyone else had spare keys made and what cost? etc...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i did for the 172 i had, and all i remember was thinking they weren't cheap so that's about right... it's down to the security ecu in the key fob i believe.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds about right mate.
I priced a key up for my clio 1.2 a couple of years ago and it was around that price.

It has to be programmed etc to work, something to do with immobiliser I think.

Reaction score
It is a stupid price. I need a new key casing but the metal key park and PCB inside are fine, but even for the casing Renault wanted £70 saying I'd have to buy the lot and bin what I don't need.

Reaction score
Berty said:
It is a stupid price. I need a new key casing but the metal key park and PCB inside are fine, but even for the casing Renault wanted £70 saying I'd have to buy the lot and bin what I don't need.
That is right Berty but i usually keep a few key fob cases spare so if i can find where they are i will send you one!

Yeah but £140 is the right price key itself is £75-80 and the rest is programming which you get charged normally around the £45 mark!

Also the key takes at least 5-10 working days to get hold of and when ordering you need V5 certificate and proof of I.D as its to do with Renault security measures!

Reaction score
If you find any knocking around would be good if you could give me a shout please pr, anything less that Renault price is a good thing. I tried getting one from a scrap dealer, but although they took my payment details over the phone they never took the money or sent me a key fob and I gave up after then.