Ajr

Reaction score
Somewhere between getting to work and going home someone has keyed the n/s rear quarter of my lovely trophy :(
It's not too deep so i'm hoping that once i get my mate over with his paint depth gauge, udm, makita etc, he'll get it out and make it look like new!It's a large car park just for our two companies and regular visitors on an industrial estate and it was tucked away right at the back!

Think it's one of the jealous people who work opposite me who drives some chavved up mk4 fiesta and has eyed up my car every day since i bought it(the weekend) Bastards!

Ajr

Reaction score
Pics don't really show it that well:
When i got home:

DSCF0058.gif

DSCF0059.gif

After a quick few goes with some meguiars polish:

DSCF0060.gif

DSCF0061.gif

It's not noticeable from standing next to it now but it's clearly still visible up close, although there is no white showing now thankfully. Things are looking hopeful, think my mate should have no problem, he can wet sand and polish up etc although hopefully he won't have to resort to that...

Reaction score
Gutted for you mate :(
When I picked mine up I managed to put a stonchip in the N-S-R 1/4 panel, I was almost in tears!

Ajr

Reaction score
I'm going to avoid respraying it at all costs, as you probably know almost any defects can be removed if you know someone who is handy with a machine polisher and has the right pads and compounds, booked me in next week for a session, i'm confident it can be sorted, was going to get him to do the whole car anyway, will just get the one panel done for now.

Reaction score
You will always notice it until its perfect as you know it is there so you will look for it subconcioucly even if you are trying not to look at it (if you know what i mean lol) Most others who don't know its there would not notice it so easily!

Such a shame people do this for no reason though.

Hope your mate can sort it!

Reaction score
Jealous Bastards!!!!!
I love seeing ppl eyeing mine up but if they touched it id b on em,lol!
Hope you can get it sorted mate!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's such a bummer esp as you've only had it for a couple of days, looking at the pics it looks rather like a very nasty scuff rather than a deep scratch that should easily be sorted by a bit of Scratch X or a machine, i've had a couple of those myself which i just put down to peoples bags, better than getting too paranoid :)
Hope it's sorted soon.

Ajr

Reaction score
We'll see how it fairs next week after some machine polishing. I'm sure it is a key mark due to the shape and location, and the fact that i was parked next to my bosses car and there was no space on the other side, and i always walk around my cars before getting in due to previous vandalism...

Car's in with renault at the moment, they're replacing the dodgy drivers mirror and centre section of the exhaust under warranty(which i'd see as wear and tear) but won't replace the broken ecu bracket which i'd expect to be covered. Said they couldn't find any play in the front suspension either, will get the MOT done a few weeks before warranty runs out so that any issues highlighted there can be sorted under warranty.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I know how you feel mate.
my sister opened the car door the other day on to a wall and marked the side of the door. #-o
I was nearly sick :cry: . She is paying to get it touched up.
S*** Happens eh ! Yours look alot worse like,
good luck with getting it sorted.