Reaction score
THIS CAR IS NOW SOLD

Series 1 106 rallye 16 valve
L REG 1994
white
6 months MOT
Taxed until Dec 07

I am offering my mates series 1 106 rallye with 16 valve engine conversion. My mate bought this with the intension of using the car for road, occasional trackdays, sprints and hillclimbing. This car would also make a great base for stage rally car.
He has moved to Japan in pursuit of his career in engineering and only planed on stopping 6 month but has settled and bought a place over there, he has no use for the car which has been in his mum’s garage for the last 6 months. We have recently transferred the car into my name to avoid confusion with the sale and have been tasked with selling this on for him.
To be honest I have been using the car now for the last 2 weeks and all I can say is I have not stopped smiling since! I have a 306 rallye and this 106 is equally as capable. It’s like driving a go kart with 130BHP I have toyed with the idea of selling the 306 but my wife want so keen!! (but put it this way if I had the money and the space there is no way I would be writing this now!) The car is a proper wolf in sheep’s clothing looks std from the inside and outside!! (a part from 2’ pug sport!), practical everyday hot hatch

There is loads of history with the car with all the old MOT certificates and bills dating right back to 1996

Engine
• TUX4J5 1.6 16 Valve engine taken from 1997 106 GTI.
(the chassis no. from the car the engine was taken from is attached to the cam cover so obtaining engine parts will never be a problem!)
• Induction kit
• Recently fully serviced
• Maniflow 4 through to 1 exhaust manifold
• Brand new 2’ pug sport exhaust (1 week old) - without cat
• Ported cylinder head
• Kent fast road cam shafts mild ones
• Unlocked re mapped ECU ( Chip Wizards) 130 bhp

Transmission
• Std 1.3 rallye gearbox with equal length drive shafts (both CV joints replaced.)
• New top gear box mount
• Brand new genuine linkages

Brakes
• Std rear beam with drum brakes (has had new shoes, cylinder and ratchets so brakes pull straight!)
• Front brakes are 306 xsi brakes so fit under the steel wheels. New pads and discs fitted at the same time.

Suspension
• New genuine springs and front dampers
• New anti roll bar bushes, trackrod ends and ball joints

Interior
Seats (no rips) are in great condition, as are the carpets and belts (still bright red).
• Welded base of seats to prevent bases from sagging
• Clifford concept cat 1 remote central locking alarm system with 2 working fobs (and sets of keys) and literature.
• Genuine rubber mats
• Steering wheel in great condition
• Std optional Sony tape player

Exterior
White body with complete set of original stickers. Car has never been involved in an accident (all stickers are fading slightly so car hasn’t had any paint) has the usual odd bumper scraps and super market dints (normal for any 14 year old car).
The car has a sunroof and has been wax oil from new (the under side is mint on rust!!!)
Wheels are the std Michelin steel wheels with 2 new front tyres.

The car wants a new rear boot lock (brand new lock supplied with 2 keys) can be fitted before sale

Price

My mate wants £2400 ovno or may part ex for clio
The car is located in Daventry (just off junction 16 or 18 of the M1) and can be viewed week nights or weekends by prior arrangement.

If you require pictures please send a PM with your email address and I will send these on.

Reaction score
I would stick some pics up of it fella, will generate more interest :)