So who is skiing this season then?

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm off 20th to represent work in a few competitions then hopefuly for another 3 weeks in March, can't wait.

Off to Saalbach in Austria just for a week on the 20th Jan, trying to extend it for 2 weeks!

Reaction score
yeah went back in feb to Bansko in Bulgaria, was really good nice hotel, cheap food and beer but 2-3hr coach ride from airport to hotel though so be prepared for long journeys.

Reaction score
Going to Lech in Austria at the end of February for a week... Any longer than that is far too expensive there!

Can't wait. Trophy snow chains anyone?! Lol :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cant put 'em on a Trophy - the suspension setting doesn't allow it. Same as the 330 - had to sell mine as i didn't have a car that i could put them on :(

Reaction score
Been to Bulgaria and had a great time,went to Borovets and would go back.
They were doing alot of improvement work then and i know they have been doing more this summer.

I'm off to Val'D Isere on Feb 25th for a week and can't wait,8 of us going and using VIP-Chalet.com.
So someone to cook us breakfast and dinner while i'm relaxing in the hot-tub!!!!!

It seems an age away February!!!

Reaction score
wrightyrs said:
They were doing alot of improvement work then and i know they have been doing more this summer.

I'm off to Val'D Isere on Feb 25th for a week and can't wait,8 of us going and using VIP-Chalet.com.
So someone to cook us breakfast and dinner while i'm relaxing in the hot-tub!!!!!

Good Luck in Val!!!

Great place to go but i have been the last 2 years in a row, and you just cant escape Val Disease at all. It will get at least half of your group and it always wipes out a least a day. I really do love Val but im starting to think i'll have to look elswhere cos bein ill is just no fun. They have been looking into it for years and still cant seem to work out where it comes from! ie Water, Airborn etc.

But i wish you luck and just hope it doesnt get you!

(sick)

Reaction score
I stayed in Tignes next door and two of our party were ill and one broke her leg, good fun though, the snow park was great and there was so much (2 metres in 3 days) snow we jumped out the hotel window on our snowboards and went all the way down to the home made jump over the parked cars!

Three days after we got back, avalanches killed about 50 people all over the French Alps and hundreds were stranded.

Reaction score
If i can get th emoney together i'd love to go and visit my aunty in Vancouver and then pop to Whistler for a few days. My cousin drives the snow cats for a living so it would be a cheap holiday but so far only got about a tenner so not looking good.

Want to borrow my snowboard?

Max

Reaction score
It's worth saving like hell to go to Vancouver, probably the best city I've been to and Whistler is amazing too.

Going to Verbier, Switzerland, next Sun for Christmas. Can't wait, just hope it snows between now and then!

Reaction score
Off to Les Arcs on the 13th Jan and havn't been Skiing for 13 years. Much older now so likely to fall harder. Went to the MK ski slope for a lesson last week and it seemed to come back to me. hope there's some decent Snowfall in the Alps before mid Jan

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
wrightyrs said:

Good Luck in Val!!!

Great place to go but i have been the last 2 years in a row, and you just cant escape Val Disease at all. It will get at least half of your group and it always wipes out a least a day. I really do love Val but im starting to think i'll have to look elswhere cos bein ill is just no fun. They have been looking into it for years and still cant seem to work out where it comes from! ie Water, Airborn etc.

But i wish you luck and just hope it doesnt get you!

(sick)
I was there last year and nearly all our group were i'll in the first 3 days.I didn't realise it was such a common occurance though.
If it happens this year at least i'll be able to tell my group about it!!!

Reaction score
Whistler is amazing,best place i've been boarding.

Although the 3 Valleys when they have enough snow are great as you never have to board the same run twice.

Reaction score
Just got back from a week in Chamonix, and despite the lack of snow (we had to bus it for 30 mins a day to get to to the good stuff) it was an awesome break. Mont Blanc is spectacular, will try to get a photo up, but my memory card is fooked so it's proving hard getting the photos off it. :(

Reaction score
Yeah saw the glacier, you could fit a house down some of the crevases on the glacier, the whole landscape of the area blew my mind!

Took a cable car up to 3900m, right next to Mount Blanc, fantastic views...