So who’s good with the spanner’s these day’s?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So the T has been languishing in her bag for a few years now and I really need to get her recommissioned and back on the road. As is normally the case it seems a few of the good guys have fallen from grace. Anyone else whose star is rising? I’m based in Oxfordshire, work would be a complete brake and suspension refurb and probably the big service.
let’s hear it………..

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So the T has been languishing in her bag for a few years now and I really need to get her recommissioned and back on the road. As is normally the case it seems a few of the good guys have fallen from grace. Anyone else whose star is rising? I’m based in Oxfordshire, work would be a complete brake and suspension refurb and probably the big service.
let’s hear it………..

Great to hear you're resurrecting the old girl, good luck finding someone suitable to do the recommissioning.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It’s a fairly short list at the moment Ed but it’s about time.

Reaction score
Some alternatives for consideration…

ARM in Newbury. Andy Reid was a Renault master tech with decades of experience and often has a Trophy (or few) in the workshop. He used to run a Megane coupe with F4R and Sadev sequential box, alongside his 205 rally car. Great guy.

Select Motorsport in Theale. Matt has built up a decent business/following. Some time ago he put a Megane F4Rt engine in a 1*2, he really knows his way round these cars (and plenty of other stuff too, so I gather).

Mick at Diamond Motors is the only other person that gets mentioned a lot these days (alongside Alex (AW)), but Notts is a fair trek…

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some alternatives for consideration…

ARM in Newbury. Andy Reid was a Renault master tech with decades of experience and often has a Trophy (or few) in the workshop. He used to run a Megane coupe with F4R and Sadev sequential box, alongside his 205 rally car. Great guy.

Select Motorsport in Theale. Matt has built up a decent business/following. Some time ago he put a Megane F4Rt engine in a 1*2, he really knows his way round these cars (and plenty of other stuff too, so I gather).

Mick at Diamond Motors is the only other person that gets mentioned a lot these days (alongside Alex (AW)), but Notts is a fair trek…

Thank you Claude, a couple of new names, for me, and localish too.
I had thought that Mick had lost some of his sparkle 😳

Reaction score
Are they even still going? I have to admit they pissed me off on my one and only visit with the T.

Have to agree, rentech has gone down hill in my experience. When it was just mike it was fine but sadly people he took on, customer service was very poor.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Always been A+ for me chaps - not sure how long ago you're referring to but Mike has always done the work on my Trophy during my first period of ownership some years ago, and then more recently each year during my second period of ownership since 2020 ish.