Reaction score
Have noticed a slight creaking noise coming from the front of the car when initially moving off (either forwards or in reverse) with part lock of the steering applied.

Its a very minor creak but have got #237 booked in to be inspected anyway.

Anyone else had this?

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance, Karl.

Reaction score
See if mod has been done to elongate the hole where the top of the strut is bolted. There is a technical note for that. Might just all want a good tighten up or new bushes somewhere though.

Reaction score
Mine creaks a bit on full lock but then seems to go once car is warmed up. Just reckon it is the suspension being 'cold'!

S4M

Reaction score
Myn does this , ive been meening to take it in for a while

make sure you report back with what the garage say :)

Sam

Reaction score
Had mine fixed but not the bodge renault do with the angle grinder.

Just place a large washer under cup below top nut on strut top. My local Renault dealer now use this fix as is quick, easy & don't damage car.

Reaction score
i've been told its the damper/suspension when cold!

makes sense to me and doesn't worry me, its been doing it since i brought the car and only does it sometimes first thing in the morning!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tend to agree with this, i get it occasionally when 307 has been standing out in the cold as opposed to sitting in it's warmer carport. It feels a little like driving over a bit of broken glass, sort of :?

Reaction score
S4M said:

Sam

Will indeed report back!

Will also leave the garage in no doubt that angle grinders and Sachs Engineering Suspension components are not compatible!

Maybe this could be inconnection with the suspension "flex" issue and the skipping we seem to get when the cars on full lock? What with the cold weather, if there's any sort of movement then it could creak? Mine does it after a long run though so the suspension should be warm by then???

Could be a bush of some sort though Steve, thats what i thought the next alternative could be.

Not overly worried but i'm terrible with creaks and rattles....once i hear them then not even the stereo on full will stop me hearing it! ;-)

Thanks for the replies thus far, will report back.

Karl.

Reaction score
I had something which pretty much fits your description exactly, got the car looked at by the dealer, and after what i would consider to be pretty appalling service from them, it eventually got to the "RTE". (it seems that there was only one person at the dealer who actually know anything...)
Anyway, was told that it was just the bushes needing lubricating. Problem was gone when I got the car back.
(had to restrain myself there from going off on even more of a rant about the delaer....!)

Reaction score
S4M said:

Sam

I seem to remember this happened when I drove down my speedhumped road in the morning but only for the first few humps, it was like the dampers were cold or something. I never got it checked because it didn't last longer than a few hundred yards so it wouldn't have done it in the dealership.

How are things going with XOG Sam? Are you still enjoying every mile? Any trackdays planned?

Reaction score
did this get sort by renault? or is it a case of putting a washer under the top nut and doing it back up tight? i get his somtimes whne parking when turnin wheel,my pop down dealer (dont want to :roll: )

or any other advise?

Reaction score
Well 176 is in for it's 24 k service on Sat and I have notified garage to take a look at mine as recently the 'noise' has been occuring more.

Reaction score
thats very suspect mines on 24k just had its service too! and only just the last few weeks i noticed it. im going to take it in aswell see whats going on, the car i perfect to drive and can't notice it only when parking (ie turing the wheel when moving slow) i can hear it,

let me know how you get on pleae just repy in this topic just seems like other are having it too :?:

Reaction score
Seriously just take them to renault and ask to have the balljoints checked,
then if they need to be replaced get them done under warranty as we've only got 8 months or so left.

Steve