Site outages.... :(

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You may have noticed the site dissapeared for a long period of time both yesterday and today. The hosting company blame it on one of their main fiber links being cut. They switched to a backup (which should have kicked in automatically and didn't) yesterday, and then this was cut today causing this afternoons outage. Can someone please go to germany and confiscate the scissors of them :x

I am now looking for a new hosting company.....

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, unfortunately for the bandwidth and space requirements we have, 1&1 are 3 times as expensive as the current host, but then you get what you pay for.

Going to have to raise more money from the site if thats the case, i wanted to try and keep it advert and membership fee free ideally.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well I looked at Sputniks site and they offer

Business Pro Hosting @ £195pa
* 100 MB Web Space
* 2 Gb/month of traffic

I'm currently paying £60pa on the deal i'm on and get
75GB webspace
1110 GB/Month Bandwidth

Ok, i don't use more than 2% of that, but i still need a minimum of 4GB Webspace and 40GB/month bandwidth. I cant see them being able to provide that really, but i'll probably still enquire.

Reaction score
Nik,

Have a word with Jamie Beeston from http://www.register1.net/

He's a regular on Pistonheads and I know there are a lot of very satisfied customers of his on there - have a look through the "Computers and Stuff" section for some of his posts if you need any proof!