should I upgrade from a 206 1.1 60bhp to a clio 182 cup?

Reaction score
I really like the 182s because they are so cheap for the performance.  However my car is cheap to insure slightly cheaper to run and gets me from a to b if it breaks it is cheap to fix like the 182s so why would I upgrade what would be the point why doesn't everyone drive the same cheap eco car like mine?

Reaction score
You really should get something in between first. 1.6 Puma maybe? (I had a 1.7 before mine amongst other things). While the Clios aren't really quick and only front wheel drive, they're certainly fast enough to get you into trouble if you aren't careful.

Build up to it, get your no claims bonus up then go for one.

is1

Reaction score
If you want the "look" of a sportier car without the running costs, then try something like a Saxo VTR.
It will be a nice intermediate step before you graduate and can afford whatever you want next.
To answer your question, there are many reasons people buy different cars. They may like the look of a car, they may have read a review of the car, they may be part of a scene, they may be trying to outdo a friend/neighbour. The list is endless.
Once you get the Clio, it won't be long before you want something else, it's just the way it is.
There is no reason why you should not keep your 206 (particularly if it works fine and isn't causing you bother). Use the money to travel and see some of the world. You may come back and realise cars are not the be all and end all.

Reaction score
I'm old, have travelled the world and can tell you, cars ARE the be all and end all.....

Reaction score
I'm old, have travelled the world and can tell you, cars ARE the be all and end all.....

^^ This

In reply to the OP's question. Buy one, I had a Clio Williams when i was 18, paid ridicoulous money for insurance. Loved it. Do it!