Reaction score
Hey guys, been a member of cliosport.net for and a while and ive asked the same question on there :)

So.. Not that im really bored of my car but a potential oppertunity has come up. My uncle, a car dealer had a 'job lot' of cars earlier in the year and a trophy was one of them. Ment to go have a look at it but due to work never got the chance. Well apon generally chatting today turns out hes still got it. Im gonna go check it out later in the week, partly to just see one properly in the metal and partly 'coz im thinking of chopping the rb for it.

Just wondering if its really worth concidering, just thinking it would be worth having something that holds its value and is perhaps the best hot hatch ever made depending on opinion.

Thoughts very much welcomed :)

Reaction score
You will get a lot Trophy lovin on here unsuprisingly, but it is the better car - thats a fact.

Reaction score
You are in a fortunate position...Drive both back2back over the same roads... Best comparison you can make. Have fun and let us all know what you think.

Reaction score
The Trophy is "special". It's a limited-run car, you get top quality dampers, smart seats, tidy wheels and a drive like nothing else.

If I were you I'd make the change. If you don't like it you can always go back.

RB is a nice colour but why would you not try the Trophy?

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, how often to the sachs need to be reconditioned, this car has done roughly 60k. I dont know much more about it than that. I will defo drive them over the same bit of road to see how they compare.

Reaction score
At 60k they should have been refurbed at least once. Give it the bounce test, push down on the headlights, if the front end moves excessively then they are fcuked.

Reaction score
At 60k they should have been refurbed at least once. Give it the bounce test, push down on the headlights, if the front end moves excessively then they are fcuked.

open the door and push on the A pillar - probably better than pushing the headlights.
is it a FF 182? you have?

Reaction score
I will definately be doing that. Yea mines a FF 182 with turinis on :)

Reaction score
I will definately be doing that. Yea mines a FF 182 with turinis on :)

if you have plans to mod the trophy, then i think you would be better off in the FF182 with mods instead :p

if you intend to keep the trophy standard, go for it!!! :up:

i personally think you will miss the few extras that the FF182 has (like the xenons! possibly the climate control and few others! even the standard rear bench in the trophy is annoying to look at) but its a car that is most appreciated in totally standard form (even though so many are modded, and nicely!) :D

i cant understand people who go from a regular 182 (or FF) to a trophy, then mod the hell out of them (like remove the sachs and replace with aftermarket coilovers etc) might aswell stick with the original 182 and do the same, as the ultimate difference after a few select decent mods, will likely come down to the colour of the body!

hope that makes sense :D