Reaction score
Hi everybody.
First : sorry for my english, im french. :D

So im here, because i search Shock absorber for my trophy,and its more expensive in FRANCE. :evil:
Anyone can help me, for find those, and tell me the price in UK.
I need 4.

Thank you. [-o< I need your help, please

Bye bye.

Reaction score
Fronts are £1142.90 each plus VAT
Rears are £109.47 each plus VAT
Total would be £2792.78 including VAT

These are from a thread in group buy section, take a look, you may get them cheaper than above.

Reaction score
scott said:
Fronts are £1142.90 each plus VAT
Rears are £109.47 each plus VAT
Total would be £2792.78 including VAT

These are from a thread in group buy section, take a look, you may get them cheaper than above.

Whats the VAT? a tax? and how much of VAT?

Reaction score
If you read the total £2792.78 that is the total including VAT.
VAT is just another way of the powers that be taking money from us, :evil: .

Reaction score
scott said:
If you read the total £2792.78 that is the total including VAT.
VAT is just another way of the powers that be taking money from us, :evil: .

ok thank you very much.

But how buy those in uk? im living in france.

Reaction score
DreamWork,

VAT in French is TVA - Taxe sur la Valeur Ajoutee, in the UK right now it is 15% and the prices scott mentioned already include it.

These are available as part of a group buy through Ren-Tech. Do a search and you'll find it. I think he needed at least 5 people to go ahead to make it worthwhile. You'll have to come over to pick them up, but Ren-Tech are near Portsmouth, which isn't too bad if you are in North of France or Normandy.

Why do you need new dampers? you can get the front ones refurbished for a lot less money, but you'll have to bring the car over if no one can do it in France, but if you are coming to England you could go via Dieppe, where these cars were made at the Alpine factory, they might help perhaps......

How come you have a Trophy if you are living in France? I know one of the Swiss ones was exported and registered in France, is that your one? Where are you in France?

Reaction score
Vat shouldn't be applicable to you in France, although you would have to pay the import duties etc that the French Goverment have in place.

It could work out cheaper to get the ferry across pay the Uk price inc Vat and just drive back home to France.

Reaction score
werent the trophy shocks offerd as an extra on the normal 182 french clios?...i seem to remember a post from ages back showing them listed in a extras catalogue for the french clio sport cars...