Reaction score
Hi, first of all I just want to introduce myself to you. May name is Max, I am from germany
and I own a 172 Mk1 first registered in March 2000. I have had this car for six years now and she still is in good condition with her 52 thousand miles or 82 thousand kilometers on the clock. She survived several visits to the nuerburgring and Hockenheim.
I fitted a full H&R suspension kit, phase two reaer lights and sportier tires. I am thinking of buying a Trophy in Switzerland :lol: But I do not want to sell my little pocket rocket.
So I need to know is it worth selling it? Weight, suspension, brakes...
I want to know from those who drive the Trophy and perhaps can compare the two cars.

P.S. I need pictures of the inside, especially the rear bench and the seats (because of the colour).

Thanks for your replies. :D

Max

Reaction score
In a word: Yes!
Alot of us have moved from previous versions of the 172/182 to the Trophy and I'd say the large majority of us are very happy with the decision and wouldn't go back. Sure the ride is firmer than a regular 172/182 and you lose the xenons, 6 disc changer and digital climate control, but the Recaros, cruise control and most importantly the handling more than make up the difference.
Good luck and welcome to the forum :)

www.renaultsport.co.uk has pictures of the car if you're looking for some

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I already know the pictures, videos and forums of Renault and cliosport.net. The only thing I haven`t seen is the rear of the inside of the trophy. So I would be pleased about some pics :roll: .
Is it possible fitting a Renault Cd changer? or is there a Cd radio? About the handling
thing I have to say that my H&R suspension Kit is hard but fair and on track it has grip
and more grip. Is There an upgrade for the sound system possible? What about longer distances? I think there shouldn`t be a difference to the 182 / 182.
And Xenon? My 172 Mk1 doesn`t have, so no matter. Changer ok... no argument.
Firm ride? The Trophy cannot be more firm than mine H&R. But the colour ... I usually do not like red cars. But never mind.

Reaction score
I think we have a Swiss Trophy owner on the site - maybe you could get in touch with them and see what they think of the Swiss spec car.

I'm really enjoying my Trophy but have't taken it on track yet - I use it every day and have no problems with it for longer journeys.

Let us know how you get on!

Reaction score
I traded up from a Mk1 172 to my Trophy and I feel I definately made the right decision. If you like your 172, then you will love the Trophy!

The rear seats are very basic, they are finished in the same trim as the Recaro's in the Swiss Trophy's which you can see in the link ducks butt has posted above.

Performance wise you won't notice much difference - weight, brakes, engine are much the same the real difference is in the suspension, the ride and handling are superb.

The interior is greatly improved as well (despite the fact that the rattles remain!), the seats are fantastic especially combined with the lowered seating position.

Reaction score
yes, I do have H&R coilovers and cosequently handling is superb. The thing reasons why I want to sell my 172 are that after six years some repairs have to be done like new rear brakes, new paint on the front, perhaps the cluth and my drver`s seat is squeaking all the time. So when you sum this up it comes about 2thousand €. And I do not want a car to repair but to 8) drive.

Some more Information about me. I`m from the area of Frankfurt / Main. At the moment
I am working and Studiying law in Passau, that is in the south east of Germany, right beside Austria (500 metres). And yes we do have snow. In Passau we had 40 centimetres and nearby it was about 2.5 metres. :shock: But top of the line is the south west at the moment they do have up to 4 metres :eek: . Usually they do have 1.5-2.

I saw that you are going to visit the nuerburgring, so perhaps I will be there. And last but not least I have often been in England especially London because my Dad used to work
there.

Now you know me :D and I hope not to have bored you. So I`m going on with my car search.

Reaction score
we have had some snow lately, all of 1 cm slush

defently get the trophy, amazing car so much fun to drive and petrol consumption isnt all that bad

Reaction score
Hi Max. I have my 'English' Trophy in Munich. I work there at the moment. When it stops snowing you should come and have a look. At the moment it's buried in snow and has steel winter wheels on it. When I put the alloys back on you can see how it looks and rides.
As for the interior, I think the front seats will look very different in cloth but you can get an idea of what it's like.

I wasn't sure about the red paint either, but in the flesh I think it looks good and I love the wheels.

This is my first renaultsport, so I can't say if its worth the change. If your suspension is set up well then maybe it isn't worth spending a lot of money on a Trophy.

Luke.