Reaction score
so i organised a rolling road day a couple of months back and my car came out at 165bhp

i put it down to needing a service, so i rang renault and they said it wasnt due a service so that wont be the reason its down on power. took it to my mates garage for a service instead last week

today! back on the rollers at mini sport lancashire.............

185.5bhp 143.5lbs of torque :D

i can now sell knowing its running sweet

Reaction score
good going that from a service, nice you should do that for next owner =D> spot on, what you getting?

Reaction score
sounds unlikely that a service could have this major difference on power output, more likely to be some r/r's being more optimistic than others...

Reaction score
jhlcr said:
good going that from a service, nice you should do that for next owner =D> spot on, what you getting?

either going to get my corsa b back on the road with a corsa vxr engine and get a cheap run around for work

or a mondeo st tdci

at both rolling road days we had standard cars hitting near enough standard power so both rollers were quite accurate

Reaction score
marrow said:
sounds unlikely that a service could have this major difference on power output, more likely to be some r/r's being more optimistic than others...

Think your correct about 1 rolling road being different to the next, i like to judge my bhp by the cars my mates have, R27, new R32, 280bhp Focus ST, Bugeye WRX, in a straight line the Trophy has no probs against them, appart from the ST is obviously a bit quicker once rolling.
As for a service adding BHP... i think a good service, i.e. oil, filters, spark plugs, leads and replacing any worn parts would add a decent amount of BHP, by worn parts i mean cam kit, exhaust etc, plus cleaning up the inlet manifold, throttle body and possibly some new injectors. Im no expert but surely this would be good for the car??

Reaction score
From past objective experience the 182 number - about 179 in real bhp is very optimistic - won't go into all my past posts, but suffice to say mine started at 157 at about 3,000 miles - custom map was the main source of improvement in getting it back to 180 ish, but it also had modified feed to standard airbox, AWT inlet and cams. The Variable inlet cam timing is very crude and the inlet is certainly not designed for top end power, so these numbers are not really surprising. the 197 remedied some of these issues, but also struggles to get near its theoretical power and is more peaky.

Reaction score
they 182ps which is about 175bhp

i know a few people with clio sports and they used to get around this figure regularly when standard.

so adding an exhaust and filter at possibly a slightly optimistic roller im saying my figure is about right :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I don't want to be a fly in your ointment but 20 bhp from a service, i don't think so, not unless you've been running it on coal. The recieved wisdom is they produce nowhere near the puplished figures without a lot of expensive work. People like Paul as RStunning have been quoted as saying that these units only produce 160-165 of "real" bhp.

Reaction score
Looks like this thread is deservedly dying but I'll be the third person out of the 3 of us who have posted here, and spent a lot of time and money on the N/A F4R only to give up (except hoolio, still got yours!!). Myself and GK ended up with approximately the same output which was barely the book figure after spending 1000's.
Anyone who tells you these units produce the brochure quoted power are frankly dreaming and FYI 182ps is closer to 180hp than 175.
Completely standard mine produced 166hp at RS Tuning with over 12k on the clock.

Reaction score
every other car there got roughly expected power thats what im basing my judgements on :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've got to say i'm not questioning your results ..... but..... my experience is that after 30k, maxogen, decat, free flow 'zorst, matched and polished inlets.. mine was not even that high and that's with servicing every 6k from new. From new i've added 15bhp after shelling out nearly £2k on engine modifications.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i've got to say i'm not questioning your results ..... but..... my experience is that after 30k, maxogen, decat, free flow 'zorst, matched and polished inlets.. mine was not even that high and that's with servicing every 6k from new. From new i've added 15bhp after shelling out nearly £2k on engine modifications.

Like Cue says (and I did virtually the same as him) different exhaust system though and still didn't crack 180hp after mapping at RS Tuning and £2.5k spent on it.
Still fantastic cars either way, they'd just be a lot faster if they were 180 hp lol