Reaction score
Howdy folks,

After having been an avid owner and fan of the Trophy for well over a year now i am ashamed to say i havent been on here much apart from when fault-finding!! Seems to be a great bunch on here though so thought i'd start chatting!!

However, my first post in a while is a gripe. Now i know there are a few topics on the SERV and ESP lights coming on simultaneously, but after having read them i am a wee unsure as to what the exact issue is...! The general concensus seems to be the brake switch sensor, can anyone confirm the is the case?

Just hoping it's something nice and easily solved cos it's been a relatively expensive month for me and 007, what with tax, MOT, air-con re-gas, new bulbs, wipers etc, so another large payment would not be welcome!!

Any help would be great, cheers folks.

Dan + 007

Reaction score
It should be the wires under the passenger seat causing this. Just wiggle them until they go off and tape them to the bottom of the seat if necessary to stop it moving. If it stops moving, it shouldn't come on again.

Reaction score
No mate sorry it's the ESP light and SERV, not SERV and airbag, although that is also on. I know about the wire under the pax seat that needs wiggling, and the SERV + airbag light have both been on for bloomin' ages, but just last night as i was doing an airport pick-up the ESP light came on, just under normal driving 40mph or so on straight roads (we all know how lazy the TC is on the T's so it definitely wasnt that! lol)

Anyway it came on and stayed on, then it hasnt come back on since but i'm guessing a fault will have been stored as it stayed on for a good 5 minutes, well until i switched the engine off.

It;s hard to say if it was coming on with SERV, cos this is already illuminated with the airbag light!! Most reports seem to point to this brake sensor...??

Reaction score
I had Serv + Esp but also had ABS on mine, that was the ABS sensor and would have cost around £100 to replace had it not been under warranty. Can't help on just the two of them though sorry. When mine was going the light wasn't always on, it would normally come on when I was braking and then stay on until I turned the engine off. The onlly problem I did have was the first time I took it in even though it had been on intermittently it hadn't stored the fault code in the system, only that there had been a fault which seemed a bit pointless to me. I'd recommend seeing how it goes before wasting a day taking it in for the garage to say they can't find anything.

Reaction score
Good advice as always!

It hasnt come on en route to work this morning which is a 25 min drive or when going home last night either so i'll just have to keep an eye on it for now

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
from memory this could be fluid level in the brake reservoir - best to check it even if its just to rule it out.

Reaction score
Yes i know that SERV + STOP coming on when cornering is brake fluid level, did if before my last service but then stopped afterwards

Reaction score
It came on again earlier today (SERV + ESP) whilst driving home from work, normal driving, doing around 35mph, no braking, no cruise, smooth B-road. Weird.

Turned engine off, then in my next outing it came on again. I fiddled with that brake sensor above the brake pedal but nothing happened.

Does this mean a replacement sensor?