Reaction score
Was just on my way to work the other day and the SERV and Traction control light came on?? also something esle was lite up but was more focused on the SERV lite. I wasn't driving fast, once I pulled up into work turned the car off - I turned it back on again and the light was out?! :? any ideas on what this could be?

Richard

Reaction score
Low brake fluid tends to activate the STOP warning light, typically in instances when on hill starts or you've had the car parked facing up hill.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Learn something new everyday, tbh it was a guess just to get the thread moving :) , just one of the things i'd check first.

Reaction score
it'll be the switch under the brake pedal, needs adjusting so the brake lights come on sooner when you press the pedal down, its easy to adjust. had the same problem with mine, took me a while to figure it out but ive had to problems since.

Reaction score
I've had the SERV light come on today with the Airbag symbol. Then it went off again, then on again, then off again. Wasn't driving fast, infact i'd only just turned the ignition. Got to go over to Renault tonight to get them to uncode my stereo so gues they could have a butchers then too.

I've heard if you hold the trip comp button for 30 secs with the car off, then turn it on while still holding, it disables the light. Could be a load of rubbish but it's worth a go if you're bored of looking at it.

Reaction score
chris172 said:
it'll be the switch under the brake pedal, needs adjusting so the brake lights come on sooner when you press the pedal down, its easy to adjust. had the same problem with mine, took me a while to figure it out but ive had to problems since.

+1, same happened to me.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
baker172 said:
I've had the SERV light come on today with the Airbag symbol. Then it went off again, then on again, then off again. Wasn't driving fast, infact i'd only just turned the ignition. Got to go over to Renault tonight to get them to uncode my stereo so gues they could have a butchers then too.

I've heard if you hold the trip comp button for 30 secs with the car off, then turn it on while still holding, it disables the light. Could be a load of rubbish but it's worth a go if you're bored of looking at it.

no that just starts up the dashboard fault checking sequence - lights all the lights up and the rev and speedo go through a pre designated sequence.

Reaction score
I had these lights come on a few times along with the ABS one. Went to Renault garage and they put it on diagnoistic machine and it came up with fault on the Brake Pedal Switch, i've had this replace twice now both under warranty.
Didn't realise you could adjust the switch, may have a look at that if if comes on again!

Reaction score
ive had the serv and traction light on a few times, mine also go's off when you turn the engine off. mine seems to com e on when on a motorway or if drivin fast round the lanes then when you start to take it steady again it comes on again.
Never taken it any where because soon as the ignision is turned off it doesnt come on again. strange

Reaction score
baker172 said:

That is the wires under the passenger seat moving about. Have a look under there and secure them. Just give them a wiggle and it will go off straight away.

Reaction score
no that just starts up the dashboard fault checking sequence - lights all the lights up and the rev and speedo go through a pre designated sequence.

Interestingly, now I've done the wiper upgrade that doesn't happen any longer. Possibly something to do with the switch. It did the pre designated sequence fine when the original switch was fitted. Everything else works fine with updraded stalk and the dash has no probs, just no funky sequence any longer.

I wondered if there is another way to get it to work? I'll try it again, just to check that I'm pressing the right buttons with ignition off and then turned on.

Reaction score
Many thanks for your replys! I will check it all up this weekend, as someone mentioned about parking on a hill and the STOP light lighting up mine does this ever so often, also when trowing it into a corner? checked the oil level (using the dash way) and the level was missing a couple of 'O' so I checked under the bonnet and it all seemed fine? sensor playing up maybe?

Oh the other light which lite up along with the SERV and Traction Control was the ABS lite..

How do you adjust the brake sensor

Reaction score
Just an update on this matter - I was following a wagon home tonight and he was slowly plodding away up the hill, my STOP lite and hand break waring lite starting flickering on, got to the stop of the hill and onto the flat and it went off, someone mentioned about the break fluid level being low, checked as soon as I got home and it was full??

Reaction score
Same happened to me aswel apart from the lights stayed on until i got home, It was the time when the snow was here and i got stuck on a hill for about 10 minutes, i was facing up hill and the stop light and handbreak light came on,
when i turned her off and then back on again it was fine,

Reaction score
What can be causing the STOP lite to come on when driving up a hill slowly?? loose connection on a sensor

Reaction score
Interestingly, now I've done the wiper upgrade that doesn't happen any longer. Possibly something to do with the switch. It did the pre designated sequence fine when the original switch was fitted. Everything else works fine with updraded stalk and the dash has no probs, just no funky sequence any longer.

I wondered if there is another way to get it to work? I'll try it again, just to check that I'm pressing the right buttons with ignition off and then turned on.

Followed the correct proceedure and all working fine... #-o It was the bit about depressing the button before switching on the ignition I was forgetting.