Reaction score
So what have you got? Cash burning hole in pocket, happy to travel (reasonable) distance from Milton Keynes/Aylesbury area this coming Friday & Saturday.

172 Cup owners, should I save a pile of cash & buy yours instead of a trophy? (nothing modified please)

Reaction score
moved your post into the wanted section.

whereabouts are you then as it sounds like you're pretty local to me? driven a Trophy yet?

Reaction score
Have you tried PMing 'CarDealer' on this forum? He has sold more than 25 Trophy's and is your man!

O.

Reaction score
Thanks Gareth :oops:

I'm about halfway between Aylesbury & MK - and yes I drove one on track a few weeks ago (and race in the Clio Cup in Hungary)

And thanks for the pointer Oliie

Best
Andrew

Reaction score
AndrewD said:
Thanks Gareth :oops:

I'm about halfway between Aylesbury & MK - and yes I drove one on track a few weeks ago (and race in the Clio Cup in Hungary)

And thanks for the pointer Oliie

Best
Andrew

Funnily enough, i too am halfway between the two places as well :shock:

hope you're not going to ruin my little bit of exclusivity in my town :wink:

drop me a PM with where you are and if you need a fellow owner to have a look at something with you should you find one locally

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
are you the one from over on Clio Sport that was weighing up the cup v trophy?????

You got a race licence then? If so which one, obviously international but which classification?

Reaction score
I don't think I posted on Cliosport, must be a few people about wondering the same thing!

Have 2 licences, UK race (raced radicals) and Hungarian race (which I can also use to race when the series goes to Brno, A1 ring etc next year!)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
AndrewD said:
I don't think I posted on Cliosport, must be a few people about wondering the same thing!

Have 2 licences, UK race (raced radicals) and Hungarian race (which I can also use to race when the series goes to Brno, A1 ring etc next year!)

yes then, there's a guy on there that asked the same question last week, general consensus is if your interested in major mods ten the 172, tweeks the Trophy. Resale value will be higher (like for like) in the Trophy, but if your modifying it then you may put people off buying it, as its a collectors car.

The Trophy is the best hot hatch there has ever been and comparing it to the 172, yes it's a better car. But, it's not as chalk and cheese as in comparing a RangeRover to a Ferrari. It it's class though it's noticable a better package.

Re the licences - I presume if you've done a few races they are both national a's then?

Reaction score
Cue, bought a 172 Cup in the end as I will end up modifying it with proper seats, brakes, etc.

Uk is national a, no idea what the Hungarian licence is (can't read the lingo!) but we all seem to have the same so maybe there is no distinction (safety cars were only introduced to the Hungarian Clio Cup this year would you believe, so there's a lot that's different here!)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
am only on a nat b - only ever competed once need another 5/6 i think, can't remeber what the classification upgrade level is.

if you're tracking the cup next year I'll see you at a few meets me thinks. good luck with the mods :)

Reaction score
Cheers

From memory it is 6 signatures for nat A. Was relatively easy for me as I raced my SR3 in the Radical Enduro championship which is 2 races/2 signatures per weekend.

Racing in Hungary is fun but Clio grid is pretty packed (up to 40 cars) & a lot of talent. But I'm now up to around 15th or so & have a championship point so hoping for more progress next season.