Reaction score
Just been sent a picture from Donington on Sunday, when i get the cd i'll put some better high res pictures up.

XSP_0399.jpg

Reaction score
Chris - that is how it should be. The limited droop at the rear increases the roll stiffness! But look how much more camber you need at the front - no wonder you were complaining of u/s. I am sure that you could run 2.30 or 3.00 on the road; might just need to change the toe settings - possibly to parallel or even say 10' in.

Reaction score
George K said:
Chris - that is how it should be. The limited droop at the rear increases the roll stiffness! But look how much more camber you need at the front - no wonder you were complaining of u/s. I am sure that you could run 2.30 or 3.00 on the road; might just need to change the toe settings - possibly to parallel or even say 10' in.

Tyre pressure could have done with been higher on the nearside left tyre, 25 cold 29 hot and you can see the tyre rolling on the rim, current toe setting is 10' in
Once i get the adjustable top mounts sorted it will enable me to run more camber, trouble with a 12mm bolt or slotting the damper, is the proximity of the tyre to the damper body when adjusted, i think 2 degrees is about as far as you could go to be safe (maybe a bit more) the adjustable top mounts should enable me to get the camber heading towards 4 degrees or so. probably too much for the road, but should be in the region for the track, hopefully i should be able to mark the position on each top mount for both 2 degrees for the road and 3 or 4 for the track, should make an easy adjustment in the pits then. I'll have to watch the castor change though, as the way the mounts adjust it will also affect the castor, a few hours on the hawk eye should find out the changes.

Reaction score
Chris - don't forget that changing the camber also changes the toes, in terms of a quick adjustment at the track. Also suprised to see that you were running toe-in - should only be necessary with much more camber or much lower ET.

Reaction score
George K said:
Chris - don't forget that changing the camber also changes the toes, in terms of a quick adjustment at the track. Also suprised to see that you were running toe-in - should only be necessary with much more camber or much lower ET.

Hi George,

I'd be interested to hear your take on the toe situation with clio's (different cars different aims)
I did have the difference written down somewhere on the effect of camber changes v toe changes (that i've tried so far)somewhere but i can't find it now, as you point out though it does change when the cambers adjusted. It's one of things that i can measure the effects on the hawk eye and bear in mind for any trackside changes.
Have you any data for the changes?

Regards
Chris