Sachs rubber gators wanted

Reaction score
Please can anyone help me, im buying some front Sachs dampers but they dont have the rubber Gators and there hard to find apparantly. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks Kris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not available from Renault apparently but not sure if anyone has chased up Sachs themselves. Another idea would be gators from some other dampers and modify.

SoS

Reaction score
I contacted Sachs, they directed me to BG, who said they could not do anything. I think I asked this before and someone recommended the company that prepare the Twingo for rallying that uses a similar Sachs unit. I had planned on trying to get some made, I found a place called runfold plastics that look like they could do something, but as mine was nearly out of MOT I just had the dampers swapped with my spares so did not get chance to measure them or take pictures.

If someone had a spare or could measure them I am sure they could be made really easily. I guess over time they will all need to be replaced when the rubber has deteriorated.

Reaction score
I had the same problem recently.

In the end, I used a universal shock boot. It fits tight around the lower body of the shock, but I punched some small drain holes to stop any water build up. Mine are not likely to get used in the wet anyway, but I think they now actually offer more protection than the originals.

Reaction score
Yes I contacted Renault UK and France direcrtly and no longer available as I wanted new ones for my refurbed Sachs but as there was nothing wrong with the old ones I uesed them.

Reaction score
I spoke to a company called Firstline who make these for other cars, The nearest one in size to the Sachs one is for the rears on a Ford Mondeo their part no. FPK7059 it has a similar length and bore! and could possibly be modified to fit! might be worth a try.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
This is what Renault Told Me

"Hi, these were specified in France via RST, therefore I would imagine its not documented so well in the UK. If you quote the original ref to Sachs it might help Front: V18 Rear: H15. Kind regards"