Sachs replacement rubber gaitors

SoS

Reaction score
My spare Sachs are due back from Cornering Force in the coming week, has anybody renewed the rubber gaitor that goes inside the spring to protect the shaft?

I can use the ones already on the car but it would be good to fit new to the refurbished dampers really. Do Renault still supply them?

I saw this question asked a few times in the main Sachs thread but I don't think it was really answered.

Cheers

Reaction score
Scrap that now it talks with Renault as that part number is no longer available

I'll update once I've heard back.

SoS

Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully there is a new part number and they are cheaper than £41 + VAT if still available!

Reaction score
Ok bad news guys these are no longer available had an email yesterday direct from Renault to confirm this.

SoS

Reaction score
That is a shame, my spare Sachs did not come with these fitted, so I will need to use my original ones from the car. I spoke with Simon at Cornering Force today as he is sending my refurbished dampers out, he said if he could get one he would look at trying to get them re-made which may be a good option if anyone has spares.

Reaction score
At the begining of the year they was available just seems strange why they no longer have them, maybe its to do with everyone getting them refurbed now CF can do them at a cheaper rate and buying new rubber gaitors. Hopefully Simon may be able to sourse them.

SoS

Reaction score
I think Simon needs one to use to copy which could be a problem, I dont think everyone that refurbishes them send these back. I have also emailed Sachs in Germany to see if they can supply them, which is a bit of a long shot.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im so glad i have 2 sets as when i bought my spare sach's they came with gaiters.

Surly there has to be another shock out there that has something very very similar

Reaction score
Has anyone tried searching for the gaitors on the similarly fitted Twingo R1 parts diagram as they would probably be under a different number like the dampers are.