Sachs front dampers

Stuarts182

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have a brand new set of original sachs still in the bags from Renault how much roughly are these worth ? I will probably keep them as spares but I was just wondering out of curiosity. Thank you

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Based on the chap on eBay I would assume £1600 would be a good guess?
But I am sure our fellow knowledgeable members will have a good idea. 😊

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
They are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

You could ask £50k for your car and it could sit for years with not one e-mail or phone call but yet again some mad man might come from nowhere and then pay the full asking price.

Personally for a new used set I would not be paying over £1000 and for a well used set I would not pay over £400/500 as regardless they are going to need checked and possibly rebuilt with new seals.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think Marc is spot on there realistically.

£700 to top end £1000 for a 'new' set which have been stored - because, as Stefan points out, the likelihood is they're going to need a service at the very least before fitting and we all know the price of that these days, and how easy it is for that process to escalate.

As has been discussed previously, the current eBay set is cloud cuckoo land pricing with the £3k + 'buy it now', which is why they're now on the 2nd or is it 3rd resisting with no sale. Us Trophy owners are passionate about our cars and in many cases in retaining their originality, however, I'd like to think we've got enough wherewithal not to be sucked into paying very silly 'Trophy Tax' prices.

With the gradual demise of parts, and in particular damper related stuff, if I was planning on keeping a Trophy for a while I'd personally be hanging onto them and popping them in a parts hoard to keep them with the car for any future eventualities..

Last edited: