Reaction score
Trophy No.
George K said:
To be fair to Matt I don't see why he needs to provide authorisation - most damper overhauls only require new seals and repressurisation - the seals are most likely to be available commercially.

And this is why we should be down on our knees thanking god/Matt/whatever, I know Ben has overheads etc blah blah blah but I think the prices reflect the fact that he has had a monopoly and maybe a little competition will curb those prices just a little.

Reaction score
if they are authorised then can they replace all parts? What's the expected turnaround for a set? Expected price for standard refurb?

Reaction score
George - appreciate your comments, thanks. From my point of view, I'm just keen to seek as much information as I can, before making a decision.

On the back of George's comment regarding works above and beyond seals and repressurising, are you able to say what the procedure would be in this instance?

Reaction score
Cor blimey I appear to have opened a can of worms here...............

The company I use is called Aurok LTD but they will only deal with the Sachs refurbs via me and there website is www.aurok.com

These guys are based in Hampshire and are very well known as being suspension experts.

They are also making the custom Koni rear's for me.

They do not deal with the public directly and this is why I did not want to mention there name but after having spoken to them they are happy for me to.

I understand people's hesitation with dealing with a new company such as mine (Stealthsport) but as I work within X Sport Racing in Basingstoke we have access to many suppliers such as Aurok.

I hope this clears up any concerns people have and feel free to email matt@stealthsport.co.uk if you require any further information.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
http://www.aurok.com/

Is it just me or does that TTX strut look like something out of robots.

Matt I think the main thing peeps seem to want confirming is that they have access to and use OE Sachs parts.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
http://www.aurok.com/

Is it just me or does that TTX strut look like something out of robots.

Matt I think the main thing peeps seem to want confirming is that they have access to and use OE Sachs parts.

I will take some pictures of my refurbished dampers tomorrow and show people what has been done but yes I can confirm they use genuine Sachs parts.

Reaction score
All I want to know is:

Mat, after saying people don't need a rebuild, how does the car feel?

Price.

That is all.

G

What kind of mileages are people having their dampers rebuilt at? My car has done 12,000 miles and I'm thinking that's far too soon. It feels lively enough to drive, but am curious!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine were shot at 36k but it'd done 6/7 track days on full power and had to cope with town centre speed bumps the size of the alps.

G

I see! It's just when I sold my last Trophy at the end of 2007 there was hardly any mention of damper rebuilds and now it's everywhere! I'll get 'em done at some point...

Reaction score
If the car feels good and they haven't lost oil or pressure (the reservoir drops in it's bracket so that it's touching rather than a 4 - 5mm gap) then I wouldn't stress about it. My nearside went at 83k.

Reaction score
Rhod_399 said:
Matt Wills":3asqds9x]I hope this clears up any concerns people have and feel free to email [email="matt@stealthsport.co.uk said:
matt@stealthsport.co.uk[/email] if you require any further information.

Thanks.

Hi Matt, I've PM'd and Emailed you now for some further info but no reply.

Cheers,

Rhod[/quote:3asqds9x]

Morning Rhod

Did you get my message?

Cheers,

Matt.

Reaction score
Morning all

Just a quick update I will testing the refurbished Sachs and some new development parts next week at the Renaultsport trackday which is on the 4th of August at Silverstrone, so will post up some pics and let you know how I get on.

If anyone is local feel free to pop along for a chat and maybe even a passenger ride ;)

Reaction score
Hi Matt, I've checked my Inbox and there's nothing there from you. #-o

Cheers,

Rhod

G

This 10mm gap between the thing and the other thing - is it a gradual lowering over a period of time before they touch or is it quite sudden? Just checked mine and they're both around 7-8mm.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That seems fine but don't forget that the spacing is only one part of checking the dampers and you should be looking for any oil and how solid they are.