Reaction score
Hi,

I've just had my dampers back from Simon at Cornering Force and don't hesitate to fully recommend his service.

They are now 'unpinned' and so I want to try and understand what the adjuster actually does and to what degree.

Does anyone have a damper curve for the Sachs at different levels of adjustment that they could post up? Could you share your experiences for road and track use. I assume it possible to make the suspension close to critically damped / over damped at higher settings?

Thanks in advance,

Allan

Reaction score
Probably worth marking the factory setting point before you start fiddling.
mine are un pinned but I don't mess with them

Reaction score
I've got the mine booked in there at the end of the month ! I keep hearing nothing but good things, I've spoke to Simon a few times on the phone and he knows his stuff. Maybe give him a phone call.

Reaction score
Yes I have got them marked up. They were tested and balanced to original damping forces.

I was hoping someone had some experience of stiffening them up, perhaps with a damping curve to see what is going on. I do an occasional trackday and so think it would only be beneficial to have them a little harder, although with relatively soft springs compared to a proper track car the Sachs could make the suspension overdamped?

Reaction score
Simons great I popped up there on Tuesday out the blue and he was happy to take my dampers off my hands for rebuild, including powder coating :)

Very knowledgeable chap and really helpful.

Reaction score
What sort of prices does he charge for refurb on the dampers

Reaction score
Mine were £420 all in including powder coating, new Schrader valves, depinning and dynoing and return postage! Bargain! Simon is a legend! I've gone 1 click harder than standard and the cars feeling superb! Would be about £300 if you didn't get powder coating! Best bet is to call him and have a chat!

Reaction score
Turn the adjuster that's on top of the external reservoir, clockwise for firm anti clockwise for soft!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You will only be able to adjust the damping if they have been unpinned. I hate telling people to "do a search" but in this case there is loads of info on this on the site, too much really for one post.

Edit: The Badger beat me to it.

Reaction score
Mine were £420 all in including powder coating, new Schrader valves, depinning and dynoing and return postage! Bargain! Simon is a legend! I've gone 1 click harder than standard and the cars feeling superb! Would be about £300 if you didn't get powder coating! Best bet is to call him and have a chat!

Mine are due back on Monday and I'm getting everything done including the powder coating and the price he gave me only comes in at about £300 so £420 seems rather expensive! We're your shafts scored?

Reaction score
Most helpful on prices thanks :) and good feedback which helps in my post I did yesterday... :)

No worries, remember they're pinned in place from the factory so if they haven't been depinned you won't be able to adjust, also its worth having the adjustable konis on the rear so you can turn them up to match the front!

Adjustable Konis on the rear... sorry for being totally dull (my excuse is I'm a girl ;) ) as mentioned in another post I have been offered front Trophy suspension only however need to replace my a rear standard shock so if I was to get these for the rear click here it would be work well both on roads and track?