Reaction score
I always thought it is the trigger for self - destruction mode.

Reaction score
Guys, give the newbie a break! We don't really want to discourage people from posting here.

@Danny, we're generally a friendly and helpful bunch on here, honest, and will appreciate your contributions to this forum.

The red dial on the shocks are to adjust the damping rate for a harder or softer ride. However, these are generally pinned so aren't adjustable unless they have been de-pinned, usually done as part of the refurb. I'd advised against adjusting them unless you are sure you know what you are doing as it can drastically affect the ride and handling.

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer jonc - i thought it was that. my mechanic says that they must be ajustable and started twisting it as you can imagine .. i was thinking this has been set up stop twisting it lol.

what setting is best for the front?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Danny i hate to say it but your mechanic would not be near my car if he just goes about twisting stuff he has no idea about.
As its been said by Jonc you don't want to be messing about with the settings as these are set up already and can cause poor handling if messed about with.

I believe that renault set it to around 21/22 clicks either side and then pinned them.

I know that Turbo Tic had sent these to Cornering Force to have them refurbished and set up so if your mechanic has been twisting them and messing about with them you can guess that these are no longer matched and set up.

Reaction score
im sure it will be ok he only clicked it left and right to show me. now im worried.. might get them reset up again.

Reaction score
If you want to check if the setting is correct twist the dial in - direction without
force until it stops. Then twist 22 clicks to +. That is the standard setting.
From minimum - to Maximum + you have a range of 35 clicks.
My suspension dealer recommended 25 clicks!!

Regards

Reaction score
Turbo texted me the details so gonna set it up again make sure both sides are just as firm. I don't track my car so gonna use turbos setting so it's comftable but firm

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Turbo texted me the details so gonna set it up again make sure both sides are just as firm. I don't track my car so gonna use turbos setting so it's comftable but firm

Just don't mess about with them too much and don't let people who are not sure on the dampers mess abut with them either.

Once you have them set up I'm sure you will know if they are correct and handle well or not.

Reaction score
Tbh Danny why is the mechanic fiddling with suspension when it's the water pump pulley that is needin fixed mate,after gettin the Sachs refurbed an unpinned I never touched them after Simon (cornering force) set them

Reaction score
Tbh he clicked it left and right to show me what it was but a wasn't sure. Just though I would double check the settings are right. Al do both sides to double check the settings.

Waterpump fixed on wed now. Day off so fingers crossed. Aux belt change aswell.