Sach rebuilds advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Let talk sach rebuilds guys, where is the best place to go? Heard BG Motorsport or Corning force are meant to be the best? I've been advised to go BG. The car has done 43k and the sach look in ok condition I but need some advice on what to do.

Reaction score
BG Motorsport. I have yet to send mine off for a rebuild, but have exchanged several emails with them and they have been extremely helpful. I emailed Cornering Force at the same time, they never replied!

I have spoken to several people now who had their dampers done by Cornering Force, only for them to fail in a matter of months (with no warranty). BG did mine last time around, that was 5 years ago...

Reaction score
I have spoken to several people now who had their dampers done by Cornering Force, only for them to fail in a matter of months (with no warranty).

Bull... Mine failed with Cornering Force a year later, 4k miles and they fixed them FOC without any problems.
BG are the main men, however Cornering Force have been fine for the price.

Reaction score
As mentioned by Mike, there is a MASSIVE thread for Sachs rebuild and it's been covered ample amounts of times.
They charge roughly £250 + VAT for a bog standard rebuild on both.

Reaction score
I went with BG for mine as I tried phoning CF a few times and couldn't get an answer. BG were very helpful, turned the dampers around quickly and maintained good contact. Worth paying the extra for imo, plus they put nice new Sachs stickers on them!

Reaction score
I think I'll send my there, did you have to get them refurbed to get the new sach stickers?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

I think I'll send my there, did you have to get them refurbed to get the new sach stickers?

Yes you do as they won't sell them on there own and they also charge you for them.
The part number is NOT the OE Renault number that's on them, it's the Sachs number

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reaction score
Please, can nobody else post in this thread.

As has been said, let's try and keep all discussions in a single place, which will help future searches rather than returning a multitude of near-identical threads.

I wonder if this thread can be deleted and the posts transferred to THE Sachs thread? @BenG?

Status
Not open for further replies.