Reaction score
So, assuming that I actually get a (trophysmall) should I follow the advice in the manual (which I assume will say baby it for 500, open up a bit more next 500 or something similar) or should I make sure she's warmed up properly and then give it death?

Also, is there a 1000 mile mini service to count the wheels, change oil etc?

Giving the C2 plenty once warm has meant she revs nice and freely now (she's got 20K on her), but I'm a bit twitchy about battering a VVC to the limiter with double digits on the clock, no matter how nicely warmed the engine is!

What have peoples' experiences with Trophy or other 182 been? Any issues using heavy right foot before 1K?

Cheers

Reaction score
for the first 500 i never went above 3500rpm. After that for every 100 miles i went up the rev range. Have only had the my trophy two weeks but i've just hit the 1k mark. So once fully warmed up i will be letting it lose.

Day

Reaction score
...Or do what Nik did, few hundred miles of gentle driving then let rip out on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit :D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
:twisted: :twisted:

You know it makes sense!

Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered to be honest after about 300 miles. I then let the engine warm up, but after that just drove it semi sensibly. That means gears changes mostly around 3500, some at 4500, the odd one or too at 5500. Now its at 680 miles ish and I am looking at the odd gear change at 6500... :eek:) Its the Pro-Speed I tell you... it makes me do that! :)

Reaction score
The dealer told me that the engine is run-in on a bench in the factory, which is why is has synthetic oil in it from the very start, so just make sure you warm it up properly and then go and enjoy yourself with it - vary the revs as much as possible to get a nicely performing engine (some b-road action me thinks !).