SWS

Reaction score
Hi there, Big problems... I have just spent a couple of hours with my friend at his garage trying to line up this exhaust. everything is fine until we go to fit the last (right hand side) back box which the pushes everything of to the left almost touching the bumper!

He does tune cars for a living so I do trust him not to bulls**t me but he seems to think the pipe needs cutting and re-welding where it connects to the other pipe (the left back box) so the whole thing can sit straight. I can see exactly what he talking about as it seems as though scorpion or whoever manufactured it wasa couple degrees of when welding it.

The people who I got it from do not have phone number but i've been on the phone to scorpion all day with no luck after all there instructions.

Any ideas of how I can either fix this issue or have a number for 106parts. Here is the link where i got it from which i'm sure you all know -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-RS192...3A1%7C294%3A50

I really want to get this exhaust sorted as it sounds amazing but dont really fancy a wonky exhaust that burns my bumper...

Sorry for the rant but any advice would be great right now.

Cheers

Reaction score
I fitted the 2 rear boxes first and tightened the clamp around the join between the 2 boxes, but not too much, just enough so that it will also allow me to make adjustments by had to the lined the exhaust tips with the cutouts. Also loosen the bolts holding the exhaust mounts to help with the alignment. Once lined up I then tightened up the clamp and then fitted the centre section last. Once you're happy with the alignment, tighten up the bolts on the exhaust mounts.

SWS

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, me and my friend mainly have honestly tried everything and all combinations but something really is not right. He will spend a bit more time on it tomorrow but theres only so long I can hold up his garage and delay paying customers...

I'll keep you updated in the morning.

thanks again for all your help

Reaction score
Mine is sitting ever so slightly to the right (a few mm) but im sure i can solve that with fiddling a bit with the mounts etc, just havent had time to do it at the mo. Have you definatley pushed the right hand box and connecting pipe together as far as they can go?

There is a mod with some hospeipe or copper pipe but im not too sure what this is, does anyone know?

Reaction score
What about the stabilising rod? is that fixed in place at its outer limits?(if you understand what i mean)

SWS

Reaction score
Yer it is... I think?

The exhaust is all fitted now but apparently one of the gaskets on the exhaust is leaking a little water with a little whistle noise. He did say this could just be temporary until it seals up but to replace it it will be about £50 including fitting.

Reaction score
A gasket? i didnt use any gaskets when fitting mine, just fire gum, i thought gaskets would be for flat surfaces meeting each other (im not very good at describing am i!)

So its all lined up good now? if so great :D

SWS

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
A gasket? i didnt use any gaskets when fitting mine, just fire gum, i thought gaskets would be for flat surfaces meeting each other (im not very good at describing am i!)

So its all lined up good now? if so great :D

Apparently so! the gasket isnt meeting properly so thats cause a drip or leak...

Yup all lined up and cnt wait to get it on the road when i pick it up later after having been on ramps for 2 days.

Just hoping this whistle isnt too noticable [-o<

CMR

Reaction score
The only place there is a gasket is the cat to manifold connection, not even the cat to exhaust has a gasket so not quite sure where your talking about!

Reaction score
Have you installed a decat, if so thats probably where the gasket is

SWS

Reaction score
CMR said:
The only place there is a gasket is the cat to manifold connection, not even the cat to exhaust has a gasket so not quite sure where your talking about!

Sorry guys i'm not 100% sure he just explained it quickly over the phone as I dont pick up the car till later...

I think your right though it is where the cat meets the manifold. Just been told you can but for a couple of quid these exhaust clamps? could this work - http://economycarparts.co.uk/product_in ... ucts_id/69

SWS

Reaction score
Guess i'll have to go with that then. Is there a market for old rusty 182 exhasusts on ebay to get a bit of cash back?

SWS

Reaction score
WOW___________ just picked up the car and the system sounds amazing, really is such a perfect deep bubble when idling and very descreet when driving as normal. Just have to put up with a little dribble of water for a bit where the catalytic converter meets the manifold pipe and a bit of vibration when driving high revs but will get this sorted soon...

Also just want to say thank you to everyone putting up with my ranting and cheers for all your help and tips.

theo

Reaction score
I've fitted three of these exhausts. The latest one i have fitted seems to have the same problem, sits really far to the left!

SWS

Reaction score
Just takes a lot of adjusting.... Dont suppose you had that problem of a gap on a gasket where it meets the manifold???

Reaction score
So you got in sorted in the end? I don't understand it, there just doesnt seem to be any adjustment at all to correct it, I've fitted two of these before without any issues!
Where abouts in sussex are you out of interest? The mate I've fitted it for lives in crawley...

SWS

Reaction score
Yer got it sorted in the end. A friend of mine helped me fit it and he managed to do it! i'll ask him when I get a chance... Im in Brighton so not far...

Reaction score
Oh dear

I've just ordered this exhaust

I didn't wanna hear problems before fitting mine

If I have any probs I will post them.

Jez